Informing people

Lost my partner 7 weeks ago to cancer. As you will all know there are many organisations that have to be informed , the bank, the council, insurance companies etc. Every time I have to fill out a form I’m in tears . Every time I have to get her death certificate to send to somebody I’m in tears, Every time I have to write her name on a document I’m in tears. You have to have her name removed from various things like our joint bank account or the deeds to the house.It feels like shes being erased. Every time a letter comes for her I’m in tears. Now Christmas cards are starting to arrive addressed to both of us from people who don’t know that shes gone. I open them and I’m in tears. Then I have to make another one of those painful phone calls. She had the most beautiful handwriting. Every time I find something shes written, I’m in tears. I’m crying now. All these people have to be told but its so painful.

4 Likes

So sorry lost my husband a wrote cards and put my late husband name on so sorry love annie

That’s OK it’s very hard to just write your cards and just put your name on them I wrote my name and family or me and drew a heart and put Alan’s name inside.
Just take each day at a time xxx take care

Oh Peter, it’s heartbreaking, I received a card today addressed to us both, my stomach somersaulted, it’s agony. I sent a card back saying my darling had died. It’s surreal, it’s agony. We all know how you feel xx

1 Like

Hi JaneyS
I had one addressed to both of us and cut me up also.
My daughter said I should of wrote to them earlier but I just couldn’t bring myself to write cards to anybody earlier.
Everything is so hard.

1 Like

Yes, I should have told this person earlier, but I forgot…then time passed…they will hate to think they’ve hurt us…you’re right…everything is SO hard…It’s just a list of “firsts” for us isn’t it?

1 Like

Just have to keep treading the boards it helps to share your grief take care xx

1 Like