Inner turmoil

So this weekend my younger sister and I spent time with our parents, giving our other 2 siblings who are their on hand carers, a break. Our eldest 2 sisters …… I’m one of six…… joined us for a few hours.
Plenty of general chit chat but despite the impression I was giving, I felt I was on the outside looking in on everything.
My parents are 90 and 87 and naturally when they ask how I am I would never worry them so it’s always the go to answer ‘ yes I’m fine’
I know when I lose my parents I will be devastated but the whole weekend highlighted that there is no guarantees in life.
I feel awful that I was having these thoughts of how life is unfair and my husband at the age of 60 is not with me anymore.

Thank you for listening.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing so openly and honestly here @Dee64 - the way you are feeling is completely understandable.

You may have already seen these but just in case you haven’t, I thought I would share a link to a page on our website which contains a number of support articles for those experiencing bereavement and grief. I hope they will help a little even if just to assure you that how you are feeling is not abnormal.

Keep on reaching out - please know that you’re not alone.

Take care,
Megan

Online Community team