Introduction to me.

I know exactly how you feel I lost my husband only 3 weeks ago to pancreatic cancer he went for an operation that was intended to save his life but instead he died on the operating table ! It was such a massive shock I just dont know what to do with myself we were together for 28 years I feel like I have lost one side of me! Never been so lonely in my life I’m struggling so much! So just to let you know I know exactly how you are feeling!

2 Likes

Ginnyk Iam so terribly sorry for your sad loss how awful for you.
How could this of happened to your husband
Please accept my condolences
My husband was diagnosed and told all in the same sentence it was terminal we didn’t want to know prognosis it was our way of thinking it will all be ok. How wrong we was 10 weeks later he was gone my darling husband has left us .its heart breaking :broken_heart:

1 Like

Oh that must have been awful for you and such a shock to be told the cancer was terminal please accept my sincere condolences. I don’t think that you ever get completely over the loss of a husband,wife partner I just try to live around what is a profound loss for me.

I will never get over this never. When people say you learn to live with it I’m like what really!!!
The other half of me has gone. Even having my husbands ashes back home is so hard but I’m taking comfort that he is at least back home with us.
I loved and still do love him dearly the pain is horrendous why can’t we have them here with us.

I don’t think you ever get used to it as if my husband walked in through the door now, it would just seem right. Him not being here is not right.

3 Likes

It’s the other half of us has gone
And what do we do now…I’d give everything I own everything just for my husband to be back with me again I know that is not possible and when reality hits its sore very sore

1 Like

I too would give everything and anything to have him back. This is the one thing we have no control over though.

1 Like

Yes me too I so miss him he was such a wonderful husband I was crying driving home knowing he wouldn’t be there house is so empty now.

1 Like

Thank you for replying James. Yes it is a real help to read the posts on here - though sad for everyone, it is reassuring to see that this completely devastating life change seems to be as hard for others as it is for me. Thanks everyone for sharing on here.

1 Like

Thanks for replying Annabel - my thoughts with you too. And it is just that - watching the suffering - that is giving me the most awful feelings that I should have been able to save him somehow. Not true of course, but I still feel it. X

Hi Jane
Yes I know what you mean my husband had two years from diagnosis the last six months were awful for him it was so very hard to deal with he had zero quality of life I go over it time and again asking myself could I have done more - of course I couldn’t but it does not stop the hurt.

Hi Ali.
My heart goes out to you, I feel your pain and heartache. I know exactly how you feel. It’s very difficult, it’s horrible we’re all suffering so much. I think everyone deals with grief in their own way. Only time will heal if anything can.
For me I’ve only joined this site today but reading how terribly sad everyone is and quite understandably so, but chatting like this isn’t the answer for me I don’t think. A group chat of like people in person would be better. Covid restrictions allowing. John.

1 Like

Good afternoon. Firstly I understand what u r going through and so sorry for yr loss! No matter what people will say unless u say it to those whom r going through this tourtière called grief they won’t understand and we don’t exspect them too ! That’s why this group is valuable to us .

I lost my Husbond 14 months ago I found him passed away in the bath while I was in another room he had an heart attack we did not know he had a problem it was sudden . Yes I cry still every day and that’s natural each day is hard for all of us exspecily the mornings like u I had 36 very happy yrs togeather . U looked after yr wife to the end and she will still b with u in spirit she loved u and u loved her and still do she is looking down at u and watch over u now. Dorothy

‘Him not being here is not right’
Those words are exactly correct and just what I feel. Absolutely it is not right.

1 Like

Ali21 I know exactly how you feel I feel like part of me is missing I still expect him to walk through the door or text me or ring me I dont think I will ever learn to cope with this feeling of complete emptiness he was my world ! Which has now come to an end how do you possibly learn to live with that ! I just want him back so badly I feel like my heart breaks a little more every day so please just take solace in knowing someone else knows how you are feeling I wish you well and hope your pain eases soon as mine take care!

2 Likes