Is anyone else feeling so alone?

I have lost my husband 7 weeks ago and I am really struggling, I miss him so much. He had blood cancer and was so brave throughout…I can’t believe he won’t be home anymore. The house is so empty without him. The loneliness is terrible. I try to go out everyday but Sundays are the worst. I have no family around as abroad so it is unbearable. My friends are with their family. I am trying to find a local walking group or someone to shares local walks . Also would anybody know of a face to face support group in Altrincham. They seem to be all online. Thanks for your help…

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. It’s been nearly 6 weeks for me. I’m trying to get some structure back into my life - Mondays cycling, Thursdays lunch with friends, etc. Doesn’t take away the feeling of loneliness or the pain but is a distraction from it for a while. So I think you’re doing the right thing trying to join groups.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind message,Derek… I am very sorry for your loss also. Yes, I am trying to structure my days ie exercise classes, meeting with friends etc… but I find the weekends the worst to cope with. We used to have such a lovely, happy life and weekends used to go so quickly.Now,I am dreaded them without him.I guess I will have to be stronger and learn to live with my sorrow…

1 Like

I know it’s not easy. How I wish I could have my old life back. Reading the forum posts and a chat now again helps when I’m really struggling.

2 Likes

I am glad it has helped you. It is my first time on this Forum. I will do the same. I find the Sue Ryder’s Grief Coach messages a great support also.

Sorry for your loss, I know how you are feeling as i lost my husband who had pancreatic cancer which had spread to his lungs .Coming home to an empty house,and the silence.I always try and take one day a time

3 Likes

Hi Michele5 I’m so sorry that you are going through this terrible time. I wish there was something I could do to take away your pain. I can understand the loneliness as I spend a lot of time on my own. Trying to find things to occupy your time is hard but may help. My husband also had a type of blood cancer but did not die from it. If you need to talk at any time you can message me. I don’t sleep a lot now. Take care.x

3 Likes

Hi
So sorry for your loss, I lost my husband 7 weeks ago after a short illness. I fully understand your feeling of loneliness, thinking of you x

2 Likes

I am so sorry …it is so hard to go through what we have been going through, yes a day at a time is also my motto, I hope one day the pain will ease a little.

1 Like

Thank you for your support. I am so sorry for your pain and the worries you must have also.You are very welcome to message me anytime also if you want to have a chat. At night I try to listen to some soft stress relief music, it may help you also. Take care x

1 Like

Michele5,
So very sorry for your loss not a easy journey to be on ,
Lost my husband 17 months ago,still struggling miss him so much,
I go for walks and go out with friends once a week ,shopping or for a meal ,
I hate weekends as we always went out together then,
I do visit his grave once or twice a week ,play his favourite music ,
Take care ,
Hugs ,
Susie .

2 Likes

Thanks for your message. Thinking of you also in these so very sad times. It is so unfair that they have gone. Take care x

1 Like

Hello Susie, it is the hardest journey to be on as a part of us is missing. We need hope that the pain will ease a little with time, big hugs x

Michele5
You take care hopefully it will get better for us all in time , i try to keep busy
Hugs
Susie

1 Like

Michelle i lost my husband over 6 years & i said the lonliness is the killer, & i live in the heart of London & i can go months & not see a friend, as they have their own lifes.
It is still early days for you, but you r trying 2 do things.
I wish you all the best.

1 Like