Is it just me?

Is it just me or do any of you out there feel that as much as you need company you can’t bring yourself to message your friends and family?
I’m longing for them to ring me or come round and visit, but I don’t want to ask.
I want them to know how I’m feeling without having to explain all the time.
None of them seem to be picking up on how low I’m feeling at the moment and it’s getting to the stage where I don’t even enjoy spending time with them anyway as I resent the fact that they can’t see how depressed I am. Maybe they are just ignoring it on purpose because they don’t know what to do or are fed up with me being miserable, although I think I hide it well the majority of the time. In which case I’m probably better off staying clear of them anyway.
I don’t know how to deal with these emotions anymore :cry:

2 Likes

Hi I lost my partner on the 20th July this year, we didn’t live together but been together 5 half years. My family have been brilliant and my friends , Don’t shut your family out as my mum keeps saying, she can’t make things better for me , but she can be here or on the other end of the phone. I don’t really know what I’m on about I’m still in shock , I text my boyfriend every day, because I think it’s just a dream

1 Like

Bless you. It’s very early days for you and I feel for you.
It’s been 21 months since I lost my hubby. But we were married for 42 years.
My friends and family have been very supportive up till now but I feel it’s wearing a bit thin for them now. I think they must feel I should be getting used to being on my own by now but I will never feel used to it.
I met him when I was 17 years old, we got engaged when I was 18 and married when I was 20. He’s been with me for my entire adult life and I’ll never get used to it being just me now.
I have my good days when I feel more positive but at the moment I’m going through a rough patch.
Wishing you all the best in your grief journey.

4 Likes

Always remember the good times, no one will take your pain away , and people move on with there lives but in away ours stand still , but always remember there is always someone to listen :pray:t2:

2 Likes

People just dont flipping understand do they how hard it is by ourselves ! Im sick of people not getting it ! Its bloody rotten … i am glad i got friends but would so like a cuddle !! :frowning: xxx

Maybe this is a time to make new friends, there is a group called Jollie Dollies that coordinate local meetings with other widows in your area. Have a look online it might be what you need. The members have all been through the same thing and know what loosing a partner is like. You can have fun days out or just go for a coffee some of them arrange holidays, anything goes !.

Thank you Penny. Yes I have heard of them before. I’ll have to have a look and see if there’s a branch in my area.

Have had a look at their website. Was going to join but couldn’t see a padlock symbol so worried that the site isn’t secure. Not going to risk it.

There is also the Merry Widows on FB that is for men and women, dating and friendships. They have days out etc too.

Thank you :+1:

Bless you @Hope2, I totally understand this, I genuinely believe family and friends don’t really know how to act or what to say once a certain amount of time has passed, if they ask how you are coping, will that upset you all over again, if they don’t are they being heartless? My parents check in with me every morning since I lost Chris in may & only now can I tell them they don’t have to do it anymore, I know they love me and care so much, but I don’t want to do it everyday, it’s becoming a groundhog moment and I need to get out of the hurt loop. Don’t be too hard on yourself or them :heart:

1 Like