Is it just me?

No problem Katie you have the inner strength-it gets wobbled by idiots. Unfortunately, idiots exist. You are a genuine person. Focus on the love and connection you bring to others in your close circle.

They are the ones that count-not the idiot.

Hopefully you have had a better day today:0)

Warm regards Nick

No problem Katie you have the inner strength-it gets wobbled by idiots. Unfortunately, idiots exist. You are a genuine person. Focus on the love and connection you bring to others in your close circle.

They are the ones that count-not the idiot.

Hopefully you have had a better day today:0)

Warm regards Nick

Hi Kate, sorry to hear your sad news and how yo are feeling. I know exactly how you feel. One minute I am sort of ok next in floods of tears. I am totally alone no family but friends. Friends are very kind but I just feel I am a burden to them as they all have their own families and I feel that I am in the way. Lets hope things get better in time ah! really hope so but can’t see it at the moment. Take care Love Sue

Thanks Sue it’s a terrible life now does it get easier surely it must. Surely we can’t be meant to be this unhappy. No one watching this suffering wouldn’t be moved to help and I mean all of us who are bereaved not just me. Those who have lost children their grief is unimaginable unless you’ve suffered it. There must be someone helping us through this. I have had the week from hell on top of the bully my counsellor said I hide behind my tears. What does that mean? She also said I’m good at it and I told her I don’t understand what she means. My heart is broken. I have turned to the spiritualist church and have had more love and understanding from strangers there and on here than from friends and family. Thank you much love Kate xx

It does get better with time.
I turned to a spiritualist group and got help, support and love there. I also got messages that were very comforting.

Sometimes friends can’t handle the bereavement they don’t know how to help and what to say.

If you were to wave a magic what help would you need most right now??

Hi assuming I can’t have Colin my answer would be company I’m so lonely without him. K xx

Aww I understand that

Company is important. Being by yourself has its challenges. I tended to dwel on things when I was by myself. When I was with other that wasn’t the case.

How can you get more company?

Katie, it’s perfectly normal and natural at the best of times to get upset with a rude fool. But he will be like that with everyone he meets. Don’t worry tomorrow is another day and you will not care about him. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself some slack with your emotions, it is a relief valve to the pressure you are under.

1 Like

Hi Kate
Sorry to hear you have had a rotten week. Lets hope this week is better for you ah.
Fancy the counsellor being so nasty. It seems that she has never lost her partner or she wouldn’t say things like that.
Like you, I have found complete strangers have been kind saying nice things to me it really helps.
I have had more things break, go wrong or blow up! can’t believe how everything is going wrong! My car went in Thursday seemed of Friday but playing up today! I went to the machanic this morning he was so lovely the wave came over me and I started to get tearful, can’t seem to help it. I don’t think a day has gone by since Mike died when I haven’t had a tear or two.
Look after yorself Kate keep in touch Love Suex

Hi Sue thank you for your kind words. I’m just so emotional even if someone is nice I’m crying. Was having a new settee and chair delivered today and between 3 of them they couldn’t get the chair through the door! The shop then tells me I have to take the furniture as I ordered it. What am I supposed to do with it if they can’t get it in do I come and visit it on the shop floor once a month? I was then asked if I had measured everything at which point Niagra Falls started again and I couldn’t stop. I too feel nothing is right now. Love Kate xxx

Hi Katie, I can so relate to your predicament about the furniture. Our house is the same. I don’t think they had furniture when they built these houses probably sat on boxes. Our house has a side entrance. I have nightmares when buying furniture. When I married Brian I wanted a new settee and chairs and when they arrived they couldn’t get them into the house, it was something I hadn’t thought of. They eventually came in through the front window. When the next settee came years later the windows had been changed. But the people who delivered persevered and managed to get it in. When Brian was very ill I had to get rid of furniture in the dining room to make room for his bed. They broke the settee trying to get it out and even I could see they wasn’t manoeuvring it right but being a woman didn’t dare say anything. and when I replaced the settee I purchased a small two seat settee but there was still a problem, I didn’t think they would manage but they did in the end A lot depends on the delivery men. If they don’t want to be bothered (which many don’t) they just won’t try.
When I purchased our last washing machine we decided that it might be easier for them to come in through the front door. They moaned because they had to lift it over one step at the front door and then go down two steps into the kitchen. I wondered how they managed if they was confronted with a third floor flat. Make waves or try appealing the shops better nature but if there really isn’t a way to get the furniture in see if you can come to some arrangement to exchange for smaller furniture. Please don’t upset yourself. I hope if I sell this house they will take it complete with most of the furniture, save me a headache.
Take care Pat xxx

1 Like

I have joined little local clubs but people have their own life and don’t realise that loneliness destroys. I now feel I’ve nothing to be here for. My grandchildren love me I know but don’t see a need to contact me now they’re grown up. My son phones, my daughter does occasionally. I wish we could bank what time we have left and give it to others. K xx

Hi Kate,
So sorry to hear about your settee. Has it got legs on that could be taken off?
The reason I asked this is believe it or not I have just had a new settee and chair delivered. First they couldn’t get it in my lounge, they broke my two hall ceiling lights so had to bring it through the back door with no legs.Then they wouldn’t unwrap the settee and wanted me to sign unseen, then they wouldn’t put metal or legs on.Then they wouldn’t take the two arm chairs away which I had already spoken to the store four times asking them to remove the chairs. It was a nightmare!!! That’s just one problem I could list loads more!!!l Have you paid for the settee and chair? If not just tell them to come and get it!!! If you have paid could you twist their arm to exchange it for a different one. Really feel for you Kate.
Like you the tears start anytime and everyday. Not a day has passed since Mike died when I haven’t had a tear. If I can help you Kate I will. Keep in touch Love Suex

Hi Sue common sense has prevailed and I’ve to go and choose something else. No it didn’t have legs. Was also asked why I hadn’t measured it and front door. Because I didn’t expect problems. Isn’t it strange we’ve both had the same problem? Thanks for your reply. Much love K xx

Katie, I understand totally. I feel a terrible emptiness that nothing fills, crying over the smallest thing. I’ve had to sort out things that I would not have done before. I feel that my confidence has gone, driving a journey I’ve never done before. I’ve never driven on a motorway but I know that if I don’t I’ll never see anyone. Everyday is a constant reminder that my husband has gone.

Hi. Katie. Just to cheer you a little bit. You may not be old enough to remember the song, “Right said Fred.”

“Right, " said Fred, “Both of us together
One each end and steady as we go.”
Tried to shift it, couldn’t even lift it
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cuppa tea and”

There are more verses like that. It’s the good old British working removal man. ‘Have a cuppa’. The answer to all life’s problems, well some!! I also have very narrow doors to my cottage, but somehow they managed to get everything in when we moved. It was a struggle and I did wonder at times. I think furniture was a lot smaller when they built this place. Good luck with your looking for replacements. Don’t for get the tape measure this time.