Is it normal to cry so much

My mum died 3 weeks ago and we have the funeral on 19th March. Since mum passed I have cried every day, sometimes sobbing for hours. I cant see beyond this feeling of pain and loss, and worry that I may nver be able to go back to work and lead some kind of ‘normal’ life again.

2 Likes

Karen58 what you are feeling is quite normal. Don’t think ahead, just take one day at a time. I lost my Mum 14 weeks ago and I cry every day. It’s part of the terrible loss. Just go with it and take small steps.

2 Likes

Hi, yes crying is normal and I really like the idea of Ann and Karen talking to each. With the times we are in, it’s a lonely world but grieving alone is not good. I remember crying being a big part for the first few weeks/months and even now I still cry but now I don’t worry about it. Baby steps and try to think tomorrow will be better. Take care and I do hope you can help each other, that’s what this site is for. Blessings. Sxxx

1 Like

Whilst it’s horrendous to go through, the crying is what you need to do.
I was in shock for about 6 months after my Mum died, I couldn’t cry and process that she was never coming back.
I’ve seen a counsellor to help and although I feel worse now that at the start and cry all the time, I recognise this is healthier and at some point the darkness will lift a bit. If only for a while

Hope it does for you too
Xxx

1 Like

Thanks so much for replying. I’ve just written Mum’s tribute, but they are just words and don’t really come anywhere near to how I feel. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum, 3 weeks is nothing is it. :heart:

I don’t think there are any words that could describe this pain :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Karen
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mum almost 5months ago and while life will never be the same again I have slowly managed to get back to work. I think I cried everyday for 2 months, the first month was the worst and I sobbed my heart out most nights. I still cry, not as much and I do have days when I haven’t cried at all (then I feel guilty for not crying)
Don’t think ahead or worry about crying so much. Just be kind to yourself xx

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. My Dad passed at the end of January and I still cry nearly every day and haven’t returned to work yet. I feel like people around me think I should be ok now and be moving on and I hate the pressure. Take as long as you need to grieve as family is more important than anything else.

2 Likes

You will get there! These feelings too shall pass! Thinking of you for tomorrow - so sorry for your loss. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but you do have good days and bad days. Appreciate the good xx

1 Like

I wrote my Dads tribute on my own and was so scared that I hadn’t done him justice, but it went fine. I know they are only words but they meant something between you. I truly do hope tomorrow goes ok for you all x

1 Like

My mum died on 08/02 only 5 weeks ago. I cry everyday. However the last week I have been crying less. The pain is still there and it is unreal pain.
She was beautiful inside and out and only 65 years of age. It was sudden. One minute she was dancing the next she gone…
I’m trying to come to terms with it but I am struggling massively.

1 Like

Hi Anne, my mums funeral yesterday was small but beautiful. It was lovely to chat with family about her and to laugh about some of the crazy things she used to say and do. I woke today and felt light for a few hours, the grief comes and goes in waves. How are you doing, sounds like we are both in similar situations, so it would be good for us to chat. Take care Karen x

Karen58. I’m a little further down the line and can honestly say, hope this doesn’t make things worse, I’ve not totally got over losing my mum yet but is has got a little easier. Everyone is different and lives with grief differently and I just didn’t do well at all. Lost mum at New Year 2020 which broke my heart then lost dad 6 weeks later and thought my life had fallen Apart which at the time it had, and would never be the same again, which it won’t. BUT here I am over 12 months later and I’m surviving. In fact I’m more than surviving I’m trying to get on with living. It’s not easy and it’s not going to be an easy ride but trust me Let your emotions take over when you need to but also eventually you will realise that your mum would want you to live your life and be happy. The memories will never leave and who would want them to but cherish every moment you had and live every moment you now have in your future. Just be kind to yourself and remember all those happy times. Good luck x

1 Like

Thanks so much for your support and ecouraging message x

1 Like

How are you feeling today Anna? X

Karen, I’m sorry you’ve lost your Mum. I lost my Mum suddenly nearly 18 months ago. Prior, to losing Mum I’d never been much of a crier. I’ve certainly made up for it now.
I used to cry for long periods of time multiple times a day. Now, I still cry often, but it’s shorter spells, so a improvement.

2 Likes