Is it time to do something with my mums Ashes? (long read, first time poster)

Hi… First time poster.

My mum died suddenly when I was 22 and my sister was 19. She had swine flu, went into an induced coma and died when she came off the breathing apparatus due to a heart attack, she was only 45.

We all lived in the same house at the time and were very close, more so my sister and my mum, they were best friends.
Anyway they had a bit of a falling out a day or 2 before my mum was poorly and I think it eats her up but. I’m 30 now and have 2 kids 7 & 4. My eldest wasn’t conceived whilst my mum was alive, he’s autistic and I’m having a hard time mentally at the minute with not just him but life in general. My wife has a terminal illness too, which I have know about since we met…

Anyway to the point. I’m really missing my mums support lately and just her in general. Her Ashes are at my sisters house but I would love them to be buried where my great grandparents are, I think my nan wants this too but she hasn’t said to me directly. I just want a place to go and feel my mums presence really i know it probably sounds silly but I have started missing her so much and my youngest son occasionally askes if I have a mummy.

Hi I am so sorry for your loss it’s heartbreaking it’s six months and three weeks on Wednesday coming since my soulmate fell asleep in my arms im utterly truamatised witnesing it all happen in front of my eyes we had our future mapped out dreams and hopes to grow old together everything my life has been blown apart taken away so cruelly and tragically im so sorry for your loss if your amazing mum in regards to the Ashes soeak to your sister about hiw you feel in my thoughts take care as much as possible Adele x

1 Like