Is this normal?

Lost my husband back in October 2022. After a major stroke. I had to make the decision whether or not to continue treatment. He passed 7 days after the stroke. During that 7 days I had built myself for what was coming and after I felt as though I was coping ok. Up until a couple of weeks then all of a sudden it’s hit me like a ton of bricks. Has anyone else suffered like this?

5 Likes

Yes i did .Still suffering now 3 months on xx

1 Like

Perfectly normal. I am 13 months in on this journey and seemed to whiz through last year but I now know I was totally numb to the feelings that have since broken through. Sending best wishes your way x

3 Likes

@Tootie . l lost hubby in Nov 22. For 2 weeks l sorted all the necessary but it wasn’t until the day after his funeral did the hammer hit and l went into meltdown.
6 months on and l still cry every day. What can l say it never gets easier, lm trying to learn to live with the idea that he wont be coming back. small steps each day is what lve learnt from this community, never look further than tomorrow, take it as it comes, go with the waves.
small steps but l send big hugs. take care.

4 Likes

Yep … it hit me like a tin of bricks after funeral ! When everybody deserted me and i realised i was really alone ;( i dunno if i will get over this ? I wish i had gone with my husband tbh ! Life sucks xx so called family told him they look after me ! Have they hell !

4 Likes

Aaw no sorry to hear this debs5

1 Like

Thanks martyn … people are pretty horrible in my experience ! I think ive had enough now ! Enough is enough … my husband would be so upset :frowning: i think its best not to trust anyone really - well you cant can you ? Xx

1 Like

Hi @Deb5
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. I’ve tried to everything to avoid the loneliness, sadness and everything between and nothing has worked. It’s almost 1st anniversary since Mike was taken from me and everyone and I mean everyone did a disappearing act. I hated the dark nights just sitting wondering how to get through life completely alone and isolated. I hoped the lighter nights would have made things even slightly better but it hasn’t. Life is just S*** without our loved one.
I will never forgive those who deserted me when I most needed them so I get where you come from completely
Jen

4 Likes

Dear @Tootie im so sorry that you are finding the harsh reality of grief. Nothing prepares you for the waves that come and go like a tsunami. Just when you think you have found your ground whoosh along comes another wave that knocks you off your feet and back to where you started. It’s almost a year since I lost my husband and I am still struggling but there are good days and bad days but it’s the loneliness that makes it worse.
I wish you well
Jen

4 Likes

Thank you @Jen64 its awful isnt it ? People deserting u :frowning: the human race hey ! Pretty shoddy isnt it :frowning: i think what makes it worse is my husband would never do that to anyone … he was so good at helping people in need … never turned a blind eye bless him - i hope you feel better posting in here ? I find it has really helped me xx

2 Likes

Its a big help to me as well.the days i wanted to give up ,you all realised and somehow you all pulled me through

2 Likes