Is This Progress ?

I intend trying to go for 24 hours without checking and reading this forum.
Is this indicative of progress ?
Until 0745 tomorrow morning, then, sayonara.

I think it’s more about willpower Edwin, because you’ve made a conscious plan. I think it can only be considered progess when you haven’t even thought about checking this forum. However, you are making progress every day as you manage to see each one through. Good luck Ed xx

My thinking is/was that I am repeatedly saddened by reading of other people’s circumstances on this forum.
Also, I find that I have become an avid follower, checking far too frequently for new posts which is taking up a large part of my day. Then I complain that I don’t seem to be able to find time to get things done.
Maybe it’s time to lay off the forum for a bit.

My thinking is the same Edwin. The sadness can become weary. I appreciate it when there are more positive thoughts and responses. I too am on the forum quite a lot but not sure what I’m looking for. X

I too check for new posts constantly. I also read anything I can find about grief, and also losing a child. I mentioned this to my counsellor and she said that she thought I was trying to make sense of it. I think I don’t want to feel alone in my thoughts. I think I am also looking to see if others have found light at the end of the tunnel.
I agree it can feel so sad reading others post and knowing exactly how awful they feel.
I suppose with grief we should just go with the flow and do whatever we feel each day.
Love to you all. X

What a perfect response. I think you’re right Sheila in all that you say. Our pain can never end and I accept that. I don’t like it but I have no choice but to accept it. I try to stay positive but even after 17 months it’s difficult. I am lucky enough to go out to work and that is the only place that is normal - it gives me another focus for a few hours every day. However, even at work my husband is never far away.

Putting a brave face on is what we do and as I’ve said in previous threads we become very good actors. So yes, people then think we’re ok. How very far from the truth they are…

Sending love xx

What a perfect response. I think you’re right Sheila in all that you say. Our pain can never end and I accept that. I don’t like it but I have no choice but to accept it. I try to stay positive but even after 17 months it’s difficult. I am lucky enough to go out to work and that is the only place that is normal - it gives me another focus for a few hours every day. However, even at work my husband is never far away.

Putting a brave face on is what we do and as I’ve said in previous threads we become very good actors. So yes, people then think we’re ok. How very far from the truth they are…

Sending love xx

Once again Sheila, a good response. You speak well with great positivity even though you may falter at times. It’s helpful to me, thank you.

What a great New year’s resolution. You go girl! I had my nails done too yesterday - they’ve been in a very bad state since losing my husband - I think they must be grieving too!!

My love for my husband continues to grow. He may have died but he’ll never be dead…

Sending love xx

Hi Sheila

Just read your uplifting post. The analogy about sinking and swimming rings true for me ( even though I can’t actually swim). This past year has been a real rollercoaster of emotions for me. Not only dealing with grief but constantly worried about my health and having endless hours to ruminate over it. Like you I am now feeling a bit more upbeat ( thank you for all the tips you have povided in all your posts). Yesterday I went to the hospital and was told everything was normal and I have been signed off for a complete year. Now I can think more about how to get on with life. Geoff is always with me and always will be and I don’t kid myself it is going to be easy but I am trying to ‘swim’.

Thank you for showing us the way.

Yvonne