It doesn’t get any easier

Today, four years ago, I went up to bring my 26yr daughter a glass of cola and found her unresponsive on her bed with her phone, book , handbag around her.
Sudden cardiac death syndrome in a previously well person. I still cry at night when I’m alone and it’s not got any easier after this time!

4 Likes

Hello @and678 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter that brings you here and then the losses of your mum and sibling so close together.

You say you are feeling that the pain of loss has not gotten easier, what you have suffered in these last few years is devastating . I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

@and678 I am so sorry for your losses. It must feel unbearable losing multiple loved ones in such a short space of time. I’m not surprised that you still feel so sad. Losing a child is every mother’s worst nightmare. There’s no expiry date on grieving. I think we somehow find a way to re-shuffle our lives/thoughts around our grief over time…and there’s no time limit there either. Please don’t feel like you have to feeling a certain way after a certain time, that’s society’s unrealistic expectations. Also, don’t feel obliged to say you’re ok when others ask, just to make them feel more comfortable. If people really cared, they would be prepared to listen if you say you’re not ok.
Everyone here listens and supports one another without judgements so please keep sharing. Be kind to yourself. Take it hour by hour and know that it’s perfectly normal to cry and be sad, no matter how much time has passed. Hugs to you xx

2 Likes