It has been nine months and suddenly it has hit me.

I’ve been doing so well. Missing my husband madly but at the same time for the sake of my daughter who is still at school carrying on. Being positive as I know that is what he would have wanted. He hated fuss and he hated emotions. It wasn’t his way. So I’ve just got in with things. Practical things. But lately I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall. The smallest thing will make me burst out crying in the silly rat if places. I’ve carried on a a I’ve felt he was always with me. All ways they’re talking to me in my head. But suddenly the world seams so much harder without him.

4 Likes

Dear @Bbg

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, I see that you are new to the Community, I do hope you will find it of comfort and support to you.

Your post is uplifting with your positive attitude but it also ok not to be ok. Grief is a hard journey with a rollercoaster ride of emotions of good days and bad days, so please do not be hard on yourself when you hit the brick wall. It is all normal and part of the grieving process.

You are doing so well and need to take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself. There is a Grief Guide that contains useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. When you are ready and feel up to it, it would be worth taking a look.

The following resources might be of help and support to you also.

I do hope the above information will be of help to you, you are not alone, we are all here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

I know what you mean l lost my husband 6 months ago very suddenly, then my best friend lost her husband a month after.
I felt l had to be brave for her and my son, so l went back to work and had nights were l couldn’t sleep reliving what happened to my Geoff.
Now l hardly sleep and finding hard to cope at work and it may sound daft but l have finally realised that Geoff gone and my life will never be the same again.

2 Likes

So sorry @Bbg that you have the need for this community. I am 8 1/2 months from losing my darling husband so not far behind you. I wonder whether I will face a similar thing in that I have been keeping going with lots of practical chores and supporting other people in life.

I hope you can get some peace back again soon. Sending you love xxx

2 Likes

Jeanine1
I fully understand what you saying

I lost my husband suddenly on September 22 . I put on brave face before Xmas etc.

However since then the reality that I’ll never see him again has hit me like a ton of bricks and I don’t feel like seeing anyone or doing anything . Feel like I have needed time to myself to reflect and remember the happy times and try to realise that this happened as unbelievable it is .

I am having trouble sleeping now reliving that morning and events .

Take care x I try to just keep in touch with few friends I know understand

3 Likes