It is not a one size fits all...

Hi Sue, I am so sorry for your losses but must tell you that you have my upmost admiration. You are an inspiration and good luck with your move forwards. You are doing all the right things and deserve to succeed. I know it’s hard love but I have a strong feeling that you will get there. My love and thoughts are with you.
Pat xxx

Thankyou for your kindness hun … I can only try. Step by step I hope it gets better for all of us.
Love Sue x

Hello I found the messages on here made me cry a lot, . My husband died 4 months ago , I joined a group who lost there partners 2yrs to 15 yrs ago . I am 76 and was married for 58 yrs. we met when I was 16 and my husband 20 yrs old. I find this group very positive and they are kind to me as I didn’t know anyone there, as I didn’t go to school in this small town. I smile at everyone I pass in the street and they usually smile back. When asked how I am alway say I’m good thank you. But that things are different now… when I drive the car I always ask Jeremy to look after me and guide me. Today I put my Welsh dragon :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on the back of the car, he would have said do you really need a dragon on the back of the car . I found today it gave me strength. I haven’t cried for a few days but am crying now. .
Love Gwyneth

Gweneth
I feel your pain- please consider getting a dog
So you can share all the love you have inside of you
They are tremendous comfort
Blessings
Joady

Please only think about getting a dog if you realise what is involved.
We’ve had dogs all our lives, I 've homechecked and rehomed dogs for charities.
So many come back time and time again because people don’t realise what’s involved.
Please think about - who will look after it if you are ill or in holiday?
Are you at home most of the day? I have neighbours who go to work 7.30am and don’t get back until 6pm.or later.The poor dog barks all day and they never walk it, ot really upsets me but they don’t care.
Dogs are great company but since my partner died it’s been really hard especially when he’s been I’ll. I hoped this helps there are so many dogs at rescue centres needing homes.Sadme

2 Likes

Hello sadme
My daughter has two huskies and they are hardwork. She goes home from work on a dinnertime to take them for a short walk. I always had cats . But it is so distressing when they pass away. I vowed we wouldn’t have any more. I appreciate you thinking of me. They are good company and they sit and listen to every word you say.
Gwyneth