It is still hard I miss my soul mate

Hi everyone I lost the love of my life my Husband of 50years I still miss him so much he passed away 5 th Nov 2020, it is so much worse than loosing your parents I spent most of my life with my Husband more than l did with my parents, it makes it even harder given I am disabled and use scooter or wheelchair or two crutches for very short distance as I only balance on one leg I have tried to go to my sons for 3 years the first Christmas was too soon the second time my son and grandson got covid so could not go and last year I was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery and spent time in intensive care then on ward for a week, this year hopefully I will get to my sons that lives 2 1/2 house drive away but I am so worried that trying to celebrate Christmas without my husband may prove to much for me, I am taking my little dog Milo who I bought 2 years ago for company as my little dog I had with my husband died 1 year after my husband he was eighting and a half and lost him day after Boxing Day 2021 I wish everyone a merry Christmas as people say everyone is different I went for almost 3 years everyday to my husbands grave and after quite a few prayers I have decided to go every two days when I am at home as I hope that may help, going to any of my sons just to spend a odd night is lovely but a few days over Christmas will certainly be difficult hope many of you can try celebrate with other loved ones I am sure our soul mates will be watching down on us good luck to all at what is a very difficult time xx

4 Likes

Hi @FindingItHard

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community

Thanks Kate I am sure like most we find Christmas difficult but we must keep going as my husband would want me to do my best until we are together again
God Bless
Audrey

1 Like