it passes by like a breeze

I am feeling really melancholy these days.
thoughts come to me, profound, but there is no one to share.

I think about life and my parents and it was like it was a dream.
I was a foolish person. I thought my life with them was forever.
now it has vanished, vanished into thin air. I am so confused.

life passes like a breeze.

3 Likes

Hi @berit

Thank you for sharing your post and I am sorry to hear how you are feeling really melancholy these days.

I’m hearing how painful this is all feeling and I want you to know that you’re not alone. There’s always someone out there to help you through this.

If these feelings get too much, you can reach out to one of the following organisations who are always just a call or text away anytime you would like someone to talk to:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline here.

f you’re interested in counselling, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. We have also recently launched a Grief Self-Help Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit selfhelp.sueryder.org.

You deserve this support, keep reaching out.

Take good care,

Kate