It’s been 20 days…

I feel so lost, I miss my husband, I miss my life… I don’t have one anymore, just this sickening day in day out nightmare, will this ever end…

3 Likes

Hi , I know how you feel . I have never felt pain like this ever . My hubby is on my mind constantly . I love and miss him more and more each day . I am not living a life . I am just exsisting . I know my hubby wouldn’t want me to feel like this . But I do . I have tried to be positive but it only lasts half an hour then I am in floods of tears again . It will be a year in September since my world stopped . My happy life stopped . I don’t know how I have got through this year . I am sorry I know this isn’t helping you one bit . But you are not alone in how you feel . Reach out and talk to people on this site . There is always someone who will listen and maybe help you . Sending you a hug . Thinking of you . Xtake carex

3 Likes

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful hubby and beautiful life. I never thought in a million years I would be here. I can’t eat, even drinking water, my heads down the loo… I know my baby would not want me to be like this but I don’t feel there is any point… like you my life has stopped and we are just in this wide open, dark space… I pray for us both… xx❤️

4 Likes

@Dottie72 @Broken2222 I feel the same, the days are so long and empty and the nights even worse. It feels like being sent to prison for a crime you didn’t do and nobody bothers with you anymore. Sometimes I can go days without seeing or speaking to anybody so take a walk in the hope I will see anyone that I can just say hello to. Losing your soulmate takes away everything you lived for :cry:
Sending you both a hug

4 Likes

I know that I can’t stay in this house, it’s not a home anymore. Do you think it’s to soon to put the house on the market? I have spent the past 3 weeks sleeping on the sofa…. Can’t do this for much longer… xx

1 Like

Hi . It’s just awful how we all feel now . But I suppose we couldn’t expect anything else . Our partners were our life . Our happy life . Now we are left just trying to get through each lonely day . We loved them that much and still do . I think we will grieve and miss them forever . Sending a big hug . Xtake carex

3 Likes

Hi . My house isn’t a home now without my husband . But to me the last thing I would do is move . You can only do what you think is right for you . Sorry to say your mind . Brain . Will be all over the place . Mine was after husband died . And still is . After almost a year . I call it fog brain . Or broken brain . So making big decisions is even harder . Thinking of you . Sending a big hug . Xtake carex

2 Likes

Dear @Dottie72 only you will know what is best for you. When my husband died in June my initial reaction was to sell our home. I was scared to sleep upstairs and felt so lonely. However I am settled now and I am so pleased I decided to stay. we made this our home together and I don’t want to erase Mike by moving. I have some lovely memories that are starting to emerge though my sadness.
Give your self time and don’t make any snap decisions that you may later regret xx

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind advice. It’s been days since I lost my baby…. But family are telling me to sell up and leave as it’s too painful… xx

1 Like

@Dottie72 Reading through posts I think it’s a natural reaction for a lot of members on here to want to sell up and move after the loss of our loved ones. Our homes are where there are so many memories and it’s painful dealing with it on your own. The only advice I can give is please give it time and do what is best for you. Family can give advice/opinions but it has to be what is right for you and your future. I can speak from experience as my family persuaded me to leave my home in Cyprus and return to the UK. For various reasons it hasn’t worked out. One of the reasons is that I can’t and don’t want to erase the memories of 14 years of happy times my husband had living overseas and I worry that being so far away the memories will fade as I get older.My husband is
also buried in the village where we live and I want to be near him. It gave me comfort knowing I could visit him and talk to him when I needed to. I am dreading returning to our house but for me, it’s what I need to do. Please don’t rush into any decisions too soon. xx

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I keep telling myself it hasn’t even been a month yet. Martin and I were planning to sell up come Spring and move out if the city to the country. I can’t stand this house at the moment, but as you say it’s early days and I should maybe wait. I WFH and my office is upstairs, I can’t imagine going back to work without my baby being here with me…. I just miss him so much, nothing will ever be the same … sending love Dottie x❤️

1 Like

@Dottie72 Hi Dottie, I think everyone can relate to be honest. A house was a home that we shared with our loved one and made memories. Now it just feels like a house where we are constantly reminded of what we have lost. I hope with time and dealing with this awful emotional rollercoaster you will get to a better place. I’m a strong believer that our loved ones will guide us in any decisions we make and Martin will be too. Thinking of you and sending you a hug. x

1 Like

Hi Dottie - only you know if you can stay in your home or should sell it. There seems to be a general feeling that waiting for 12 months gives you chance to grieve a bit before making major decisions. Selling up is a major hassle and will take some energy and heartache, plus trying to find a new home when you are still so very upset after losing your husband. When my daughter died I felt I needed to ‘do something’ and that life was a full on emergency that needed sorting. It’s eight months now and I’m still very emotional and very exhausted. I’m glad I didn’t make any major changes cos I didn’t have the energy or strength to cope with being in a new place with new neighbours and all the anxiety and stress of moving and whether it was the right thing to do or not. In itself moving is always stressful and when you are going through hell it’s hard to make any decisions and moving home is a big upheaval and irreversible. It’s very early days tho and you are faced with building a life without your lovely husband and it’s frightening. You deserve to give yourself the time to grieve without a major change on top of all you are going through… I hope this makes some sense. It’s just my thoughts and only you know what feels right for you. Sending you hugs xxxx

2 Likes

Thank you for your lovely response. I am just so confused and so dreadfully unhappy. I am still sleeping on our sofa as I can’t go into our bedroom. On the other hand I have left the house once since Martin’s funeral on the 17th of this month, and that was so go and see my solicitor. Everything seems so pointless now and it’s breaking my heart walking around our home, all those memories, at times I feel I will just die from a broken heart… sending you love x❤️

It’s because you loved him so much, you still do. That won’t change. Some wise person on here said we keep them in a pocket in our heart. You’ve had a ginormous shock and loss and the grounds been taken from under your feet and your hearts broken. That’s a massive thing to take in. It hurts. You’ve been through a lot, still are. I find it really hard to do, but be gentle with yourself if you can. You deserve some peace to kind of catch your breath. It’s a lot to process and exhausting to think too much of the future. If you keep on keeping on a day at a time you are doing good enough for now. I’m sending you more hugs. Xxxx

1 Like

Thank you… sending you love x❤️