It’s starting to feel like Christmas

Hello all
I feel so much better in myself since I decided to have a Christmas for first time since I lost my mum over 6 years ago. I can’t believe I have reached this point in my life. Buying my first Christmas tree was me saying come on Steve you can do this it’s what your mum would want. My mum loved Christmas she gave the best Christmas any son could ever have every year. My last Christmas with my mum was one week after my 50th birthday my 50th was one to remember. I remembered being annoyed at my mum for spending hundreds on a watch for mg 50th birthday but I know now why my mum did it. To this day the watch never leaves my wrist.
So this Christmas im not going to be miserable in going to enjoy myself and drink to my mums memory.
Merry Christmas to everyone on here

9 Likes

Hi @Steven,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Thank you. For over 6 years I felt I was on my own facing the loss of my mum. Then I realised I am not on my own. Just to know that you can get support isn’t far away
I’ve also realised something that grief doesn’t mean the end of your life that there is no hope and that you can make a new life. For several years I have cried so many tears since I lost my mum. I still can’t use the word the death of my mum. It’s a bitter pill to swallow j doubt ever will swallow it.
I am living for the day I get to be with my mum it’s what helps get me through this insane feeling of pain of grief.
Tomorrow I’d a new year 2023 it’s gone so quick this year.
Happy new year to everyone on here