Its too much

I lost my 2yo daughter very suddenly in August of this year. Its been the most difficult thing ive ever experienced and im really struggling to get through each day. It wouldve been her 3rd birthday in October and tomorrow was supposed to be her first day of nursery. And of course at this time of year with all the seasonal holidays, she was at the age of joining in and understanding everything. I hate that she’ll never get to experience any of it again. I get up each day only because of my older daughter, i dont think id manage if i didnt have her. I cant say her name or think of her without crying, i miss her so much, the pain is unbearable.

2 Likes

Hello @Gonetoosoon,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter that brings you here. I can hear how much pain you are in and want you to know that you are not alone.

We know that this is a particularly difficult time of year for many of our members, and you have this to cope with along with other milestones like your daughter’s first day at nursery. I hope you have some support around you today.

I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts. In the meantime, you might want to explore some of these sources of support.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out.

Seaneen

1 Like

@Gonetoosoon I’m so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

I’m afraid I don’t have any advice to offer but just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone in the way you are feeling - I lost my 2yr old son suddenly in September.

I have 2 other sons who keep me going and I’ve recently returned to work but I’m starting to find it really hard to get through the days now. All the little things that comforted me in the days and weeks after Aaron died (sitting in his room, looking at photos and videos) now just make me sad.

Like you, I just keep thinking about how much he would have enjoyed this Christmas and I’m already dreading how it will be without him laughing and wandering around.

Take care