Ive just lost my soulmate

My Husband went into hospital 12 days ago with 4 broken ribs. He died 4 days ago. I feel numb. Is there any point i life now

10 Likes

Oh sweetheart. We are all on here for the se reason. So many of us are suffering. Its only been 6 weeks since I lost my husband ,. He was my love my soul mate and everything to me. I can only think that there is a point to life as all of us on here, are still here. I honestly don’t know any answers, except that it’s the most heartbreaking journey for all of us. Come here to say or think anything we are feeling or thinking, and someone is always there for you.

5 Likes

I am so sorry, your heart is breaking right now and nothing anyone can say will mend it but I am sending you a hug and hope that you find strength and comfort to keep living.
Jen x

2 Likes

Hello Jane D.
I feel that many of us on here have similar thoughts. Losing your soul mate is so cruel . Life goes on and we have to try and make the journeys they couldn’t do for them. So you live for them . Keep him with you in your thoughts and heart. Sending hugs and strength

5 Likes

So sorry JaneD, that was my thought, what is the point?
After sobering up I thought I have to go on for my wife, I had to believe it is what she would want.
Six months later I still believe this and so on I go to a changed and sad life but with glimmers of hope for the future.
One day at a time Jane, one hour, whatever might help.
Sending love
Joe x

5 Likes

Sending hugs x

1 Like

Thank you Joe x
Its so hard to let it sink in. There was no warning. It was just a silly trip over tge laptop lead that caused the broken ribs. The trauma caused a perforated bowel and sepsis.
I saw him in hospital before he was rushed to icu and put on a ventilator. I had no chance to talk to him after it got serious.
Now i have his 2 kids sending horrible messages saying that money he was due from hos Dads business is rightfully theirs.
Whats your story x

1 Like

Hi Jane,
My wife passed away on 29th April with pneumonia, she also had vascular dementia for about 3-4 years.
We were together for 28 years.
Her adult son and daughter are now contesting the will and want me out to sell the house.
I just want to be able to grieve properly here where all my memories are, then when I die it goes to them.
This is what my wife wanted and what is right, I hate all of this as I am not strong enough atm to deal with things.
Usually I can but without my wife beside me I am struggling.
Sending love
Joe

2 Likes

I totally understand. Our wishes were on 2nd death the kids would split the house. I hot on with them well before but now they want th
Eir money now. Its so hard to cope with everything

Hello Joeb40,
How unkind and cruel of anyone to go against your wife’s wishes
You really don’t need that.
Perhaps? Get a solicitor as soon as your able, or phone or go and speak to citizens advice, isn’t there anyone who can help you through the legal side,
I’m so sorry and sending hugs and strength to you and others hurting, I know it’s a horrible to say the least time
I hate the no one to share with now, it hurts
Take care

1 Like

Hello Joeb40.
I feel very sad for you.
Same thing happened to me in August this year. Not 12 hours after my husbands passing, his greedy Son stepped in. Took the funeral arrangements out of my hands, made it plain I was not welcome in our Bungalow any more. Also took my Husbands Motorbike and our Dog.
I became homeless for a while, but I’m sorting out now.
Unfortunately I didn’t get to the funeral, but was with him when he passed, they can’t take that away from me. I believe in Karma
Look after yourself

1 Like

Omg. How can people be so cruel? Even if there is no will it is your legal right as a husband or wife to inherit the estate when you are married so I would not allow myself to be bullied by these tyrants. They are playing on your vulnerability so please see a solicitor straightaway and look after yourself. Good luck! Life will get better gor you.

2 Likes

I lost my partner the end of July. I found him … and my heart is broken - it doesn’t get easier … people say it will… and I guess that’s true but at the moment it’s still as raw as that day :sob:

3 Likes

Im so sorry. I guess it takes a long time. Mine went 2 weeks today. I feel like im drowning in mud xx

2 Likes

Omg. That is disgusting. Surely his Son couldn’t legally do that?
Im so sorry.
Yes karma is sweet.
Take care
Jane xx

I am not particularly religeous but I love the idea of karma!
People show their true colours when money is involved, it is sickening.
I have a solicitor and trying to get matters sorted, just stuff I can do without.
I appreciate your replies and hope we can all find a way forward.
Joe x

2 Likes

I lost my partner 15 months ago… it’s a long hard story… but he was the love of my life :disappointed:… he was alcohol dependent- and I found him - too late… :weary:… I wasn’t offered counselling… just got told to join the lists… anyone else been through the same that can share?