I've lost my beautiful girl

Hi my name is Alison… On Saturday 19th June a drink driver mowed my beautiful daughter Tina 37 yrs old down on a pedestrian crossing in Nuneaton…He then continued to drive for nearly a mile with her on the bonnet of his car…She was found dead on a residential road … The autopsy and coroner’s reports say that if he had stopped when he hit her she would have most certainly survived… She leaves behind a husband and a 10 Yr old little boy and many broken hearts …I am trying so hard to be strong for everybody around me but my heart is so broken and I really don’t know how to live with this

3 Likes

Dear Alison

I’m so sorry you’ve lost your daughter and in such a brutal way - even worse that she could have survived had he stopped. My heart breaks for you and your family.

It’s so shocking I don’t know what I can say to you :broken_heart:

I lost my son in October 2019 - like many parents here we know your pain of loss.

I hope you get the support and care from family and friends plus this site is full of wonderful people.

Shock takes so much from you so be gentle with yourself.

Keep in touch…sending love and hugs to you.

Purple

1 Like

Dear Alison,
Like Purple said, there are many of us on this site it’s a club no one would ever want to join but we are here for each other, all of us have lost adult children. That person who took your daughters life so cruelly should in my book be locked up indefinitely and they throw away the key. I lost my son who was 34 in 2016 ftom a brain tumour. Please keep posting, your daughter will be all around you of that I am sure. So glad you found us
With love
Helen

1 Like

Dear Alison
Reading your post makes me so sad that your daughters life meant so little to the driver of that car :broken_heart::broken_heart: My daughter Gemma was 23 when she was killed by a careless driver 6 years ago. She was my whole world and I really didn’t want to carry on living. The pain was so bad. No one understands it if they haven’t been through it. The first year was spent in shock and the second year was when reality slowly crept in that she wasn’t coming back and that was when I hit rock bottom. I have slowly rebuilt my life ad my relationship fell apart also. I still have bad days/periods when I wonder how I’m going to carry on without her but I want her to be proud of me when I finally meet her again……
Sending big hugs
Liz x

1 Like

Thank you for your replies…I’m so so sorry that there are so many people trying to manage this awful pain…Its very new to me and I really don’t know how you have managed this…I have finally asked for professional help as this is far too much for me to handle …my family are amazing but I know that I need more help to get me through this…everybody is being so kind… people are fund raising for a trust fund for my beautiful grandson but this won’t bring his mummy back but I’m sure that in the future he will appreciate it… I feel that everyone expects me to be getting better but it’s only been 7 weeks…I had her in my life for 37 yrs…But I’m trying so very hard to keep us all going

2 Likes