I've lost who I am

Hi all my name is Lou and 30months ago I lost my eldest daughter . I work do what I am suppose to but I no longer feel complete , my heart hurts it’s like a physical pain when I think of her what the world and we lost the day she died. Trying to come to terms with her death day and the events that led to her death . I joined because I need to chat with like minded people , I feel people close to me apart from my husband expect me to be quote over it !! I’ve been told I should move on like she would want me too but I don’t want to , I want to talk about her I want to remember the silly things she did. For me acceptance is letting go and I’m not ready to do that

1 Like

Hello @Danielle1990,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to take a look at The Compassionate Friends - they offer support for families who have lost a child - on 0345 123 2304 or via their website https://www.tcf.org.uk/

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Danielle so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter .i think people dont get it .how can they .i feel people act like our children didnt exist .i like you just want to talk about my sam all the time .it makes me sad and angry . Our children are our world i lost sam last year this is my second xmas without him .it kills me the hurt is so big. Sam was 25 just . He had sarcoma a rare cancer he lasred 4 months our superhero…without this site dont think i would survive a good thread to go on is lost son at 27 …lovely people to chat too . All who have lost children …sending you a hug .just come on and say anything you like sending you a hug love zoe :heart:

Deepest sympathies for the loss of your daughter, Lou. Sending you much love and virtual hug xx