Jib

I lost my husband of 41 years nearly 5 weeks ago, he was my best friend the only person i could really talk too, i am a very shy person, he was the talker, i don’t have any friends, the only friend i had died a week after my husband, i have two son,s, and grandchildren but they all have there own lives,i feel so lonely and angry, i cant stop crying, i miss him so much, i just want to die myself but i cant, i dont have any family my own age who i can turn too, i just feel so lonely.

Hay @Jib
You have found the place to get support here - there are lots of folk feeling similar to you and needing to make a connection with others who really understand.
I’m so sorry you feel alone - can you let your sons know how you feel and see if they can offer a bit more support. They maybe don’t know how much you are struggling.
Just take things a day at a time - or an hour. Try get rest when you can and eat when you feel like it. It’s such early days and the pain and shock will be so hard at the moment.
It will Get easier to navigate as time passes.
Keep posting here - there is always support and kindness when you feel you need it.
Sending some strength and a virtual hug xxx

One son lives a few hours away and works all the time, the other only thinks of himself he thinks i should stop crying he is not a very emotional person, my husband was the only person i could talk too, life is just so cruel.

Hiya Jib i know the feeling so well. I dont have friends either, as i suffer from agrophobia. I honestly thought i would have the support of my family but i dont. I have been told this is my life i need to get use to it. They have no idea. How hard this is .
I understand you completely. Xxx

Hi @Jib

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough, and you are feeling really lonely and finding it hard to cope.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts when they are grieving. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Jib, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,
Lizzie