Just a few thoughts

Just been reading up on all this. To qualify your husband would have to be retirement age april 2016 and You have to be getting your pension mark retired in may that year so just miss out I don’t get mine for another 6 years.
It is upsetting when our partners have worked all their lives paid all their contributions and paid into private pension to be robbed of benefiting from them. I’m just grateful I have his private pension to get me through. I know not everybody has this. X

1 Like

Dear Barbara61

My husband was 60 when he died so no where near the retirement age and although it is an insult (£13 per week) it is something. But nothing shocks me anymore. Because my husband died as a result of a motorbike accident one of his private pensions made me fill out a form which implied that he had contributed to his own death. At the finish they paid me in total a one-off payment of £37. My conversation with the company is unprintable.

1 Like

My husband put in for pip as advised my Macmillan in may he died in September . They still hadn’t made a decision so after he died they asked if I still wanted to claim for the backdated money. I had to send of his death certificate . In November they returned death certificate and said they would let me know the outcome. I’m still waiting . My husband worked all his life we never claimed anything . I know people who get pip .they use a walking stick when going to the dr and then come home and dig a garden up have holidays abroad get drunk . Use a walking stick to go to work then don’t use it all day. It makes me so angry . I miss my husband so much and life isn’t worth living without him how come other people get to live a comfortable life with there partners when they cheat the benefit system. It’s all wrong. Why do nice hard working people die. Sorry for going on but very low today x

3 Likes