Just blah

Both of my parents died and I focused on them and forgot making connections with people…To put it bluntly … I just can’t get my shit together… in anyway shape or form. I can do the actions I am suppose to be doing … but without any pride, passion or worth.I have completely lost myself …. Either in my personal or professional life…someone asked me the other day what movies did I like … I just didn’t know… what meals to make. … I just don’t know… thank you for listening

6 Likes

Hello @Teapot.1 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling really lost right now and life is just really difficult. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. I remember when my Mam passed, i was left feeling like Orphan Annie, and I really didnt know who I was without her. She was my best mate, my Mam, carer, shopping companion - my everything.
It takes a while to find yourself, or at least it did with me, everyone is different but you do find a way to live and a new meaning for life.
I have such numb brain today, I’m struggling to find the words to say but do know my love, sympathies and a hug are coming your way.
Take care xx

2 Likes