Just lost Dad💔

Hi,

I have just lost my Dad 2 days ago to Bowel Cancer and I have never felt pain like it. I am absolutely heartbroken :broken_heart:. I don’t know how I am going to cope without him he was my best friend.

2 Likes

So sorry for ur loss, big hugs! I’m here because I lost my husband 8 months ago, my best friend & u need to find support from other people who are suffering a loss, who can understand ur heartbreak! :broken_heart: There are no words which will help u at this time, it is a process & its such early days, its still so fresh! U are prabably still in denial cause its a lot to process & u don’t want to accept it! X

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. My dad died just before Christmas. What’s helped me a great deal is…I committed suicide lol. Trust me he’s in heaven. You will see him again . Stay strong :muscle:

Hi @Rubberquacks,

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed, but I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here.

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Rubberquacks, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

Sending you so much love. My dad passed suddenly 5 weeks ago from Pancreatic Cancer, it so hard, trying to navigate the world with no parents sucks.

I’m still not sure what my life looks like without him in it - what the new normal will be. But right now I’m just trying to get through day by day and do things that normally make me feel good. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi @Clynch95 ,

So sorry for your loss :blue_heart:

I know exactly how you are feeling, I lost my Dad to Prostrate Cancer just over a year ago and we were very close, shared the same interests especially Rugby and would go to matches together, then when his health stopped him going to matches we would watch on TV and just discuss Rugby, other sports and politics for hours! So his passing left a massive hole and especially as I was a live in carer so his routine had become my routine so I had no routine!

It’s very very early in your Grief journey and things will be very raw and you are also probably feeling a bit numb too.
I promise you things will get better, it’s not an easy journey and there are some bad days ahead! But there are also some good days too - I have been back to a couple of Rugby matches which I never thought I would do a year ago.

Remember

• it’s ok and perfectly natural to feel distraught at the moment and do things on Autopilot.
  • it’s good to talk and talk about your Dad
  • it’s ok to be emotional and let the tears out
  • it’s ok at the moment to distract yourself and don’t feel guilty if you do
  • it’s ok to feel angry but your Dad passing is not your fault.
  • Self Care is important - drinking and eating healthy, trying to get some sleep (I know this is v. Difficult!)
  • speak with Family, Friends, your GP

This community is here for you and take care :blue_heart:

3 Likes