Just lost mum

Hello
I’ve just joined after losing my wonderful Mum last night. It’s very early days and things are very raw and I’d appreciate any help and advise in getting through. my mum was elderly but it’s still come as a huge shock
Linda

Hi Linda
You have joined a lovely forum of people. Lots if us list our mum in recent months and get alot of comfort from speaking with others on this site.
My mum was 74 and died suddenly of a brain hemorrhage in june. The shock was awful.
My partner, daughter and I had only recently bought a house and my mum had moved in with us. The loss of her in my life has been horrific. 8 and a half months along and I still cry most days and only resumed full time work after 6 months.
The best advice I can give is to take each hour as it comes and when you are stronger, each day.
You have alot to get through the next few weeks with funeral arrangements, finances, probate etc and you need to look after yourself
Cheryl x

2 Likes

Hello lindalou, I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum suddenly just over 4 and a half months ago from pneumonia and a sudden heart attack.
I echo Cheryl’s comments take it hour by hour. I’m glad you’ve found these forums, as I believe they are a comfort.
Take care and be kind to yourself.

2 Likes

Hello Lindalou
My mum was elderly too but it was sudden a week before xmas and a huge shock. I was her sole carer. I am struggling all the time and keep going over and over it which isnt good. This is a safe place to talk and the people on it are kind if you need refuge. Love and hugsx

I can only echo what others have said. It’s a huge shock no doubt for you right now. My mum was 73 and on holiday with me and my family. She died suddenly and unexpectedly on the last day of our holiday. That was 6 months ago yesterday. The first couple of weeks after was a blur for me with all the unplanned arrangements and processes I had to go through. Don’t try and think too fast ahead right now, there is plenty of time ahead to deal with the avalanche of emotions. This forum has helped me greatly over the months and I’ve met some lovely people. Please keep talking is the best advice I can give you right now. This is a place that lots of people will be interested to hear what you have to say. X

3 Likes

Hello,
Lost my mum two days ago. Like your mum she was elderly and although it was expected , like you I feel in shock. It doesn’t feel real. Struggling with tiredness but know there’s the funeral and all that comes with it to sort out

1 Like