Kerrie my beautiful wife

It’s taken me till now to decide to write anything, still find it very difficult, I lose my wife on the 6th February at the age of 59, totally unexpected, to say I miss her is an understatement in fact I just can’t describe how I feel. I’m now back at work pretending it all good smiling trying that life is fine, because everybody tells you that it will be!!! Well I’m not so sure. Coming home to silence, meals for one, half empty dishwasher, empty sofa, and so on, I know people also tell me your not alone, but it feels like it, even if I see people it makes me feel sad. It’s just me and my (our) little dog Fergus, who misses his mum

6 Likes

Hi ,so sorry for you loss. We were both 59 when my husband died. It just feels and is like your life as you knew it has totally gone .nothing to look forward to. No future to think of. Heartbreaking . People really don’t understand ,how every tiny Piece of our life now has changed. Only those that are walking in our steps understand . This site has been a lifeline for me the past two years . Lovely caring people that do understand . Hopefully it will help you . You can put your true feelings down and no one judges .xtake carex

6 Likes

Fergus im so so sorry that your in this horrible place were in …its the last venue u ever want to be in …im 59 lost my husband last july 31st to cancer he was given 6 months ans lasted 7 weeks…thevwhole thing is so so overwhelming so heartbreaking so cruel and sad but just try and take tiny steps its hugh and you are so early on in the process …take care…breath

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss,i lost my husband January this year ,only time will make it okay, Take one day at a time ,that is my way of coping

@Fergus my condolensces for your loss, it’ll be two weeks exactly at 4.30am tomorrow - yep it’s that raw. I’d say my days are desperately sad but there has been the odd occasion where I’ve had an hour of distraction but sadly that can bring guilt! People do tell me this is a matter of time and I can accept that in part but I think that is only really true when you have found purpose, that is the critical element.

So sorry and I totally agree finding a purpose this is what I guess you need to do, but that’s not easy, as my wife was my purpose not sure how you replace that or even want to

2 Likes

Totally agree Fergus, I cared for my wife for nigh on 20yrs so hobbies / friendships all withered and I don’t regret that for a moment but it does mean I am completely without purpose at the time of writing.