Kettle is on for all of our early risers...

Yes i know we are many, many now sleepless and early risers of not sleeping as well as we once did after the losses of our partners, our wives our hubby’s…Well whatever hour of the morning i get myself up and out of bed, be it 4, 5, or 6 if i am lucky, my kettle goes on, so does my-my Richards computer, and i sit with my first mug of tea of the day so i would like all you early risers to join me whether it be your first early morning coffee or tea, i am sure we will be many…

Jackie…

Morning Jackie, thanks for popping the kettle on. I know that everybody misses their beloved who would ask if we wanted a nice cup of tea or the cuppa would just appear first thing, to get us up and on our way. It’s such a miss…everything is…to us all, as peaceful a day as possible, x

1 Like

Our kettle is forever on for whenever our bereaved get up, it will be permanently boiling…although it will be minus one very important to us male or female, the love of our life…

1 Like

Good morning Jackie. X

1 Like

Well it’s evening as I post this, but yes it’s so different the mornings without our loved ones, I know, I get up as Jackie said at silly time in the morning, I go downstairs and make myself tea and then get back into bed, (my husband hated tea in bed) browse the internet, and so do not want to get up, it’s getting worse now as the mornings are so dreary.

Sorry wasn’t around for the morning cuppa’s. I’m awkward and don’t drink tea (or coffee for that matter). Brian always made his own tea when he got up and while I was out with the dogs. I never made a cup of tea in the thirty years of our marriage until Brian was so ill at the end and he actually trusted me to make him a cuppa. He said it was quite good actually, not sure what he expected. When he became weaker I made his tea and gently put it into his hands. On one occasion I let it cool down in case he spilled it. He gave it back to me and told me I supposed to boil the water. I had but he was too ill to argue with, but it did make me smile. I did tell him I was capable of boiling water.
If anyone visits me I have to explain that there is no cup of tea as I don’t keep it in or have any milk. (Don’t drink that either) Family bring their own.
Waking up in the early hours is becoming worse just lately. 1a.m/2a.m. it’s such a nuisance. I dread looking at the clock. I actually like the dreary mornings as my dogs won’t get up so I can have a lie in because I usually go back to sleep when I should be getting up. Body clock all over the place.

Pat…
… i am a tea drinker, very rarely drink coffee yet strangely when me and Richard was out and about somewhere i would often have a coffee out…
Again i rarely made a cup of tea for Richard apart from the mornings he was getting his golfing gear ready or he took our dogs for a short walk before he left, i would time it for when i knew he was heading back then make his large mug of tea just before so it has cooled down for him to drink before taking off in his car…
Richard was not like me making a tea for himself when he got up, nor making a cuppa s and when he fancied one, he had his routine and would follow it to the time…

Jackie…

1 Like

Since we lost or beloveds our whole routine has changed, infact i am finding i am forever now putting the kettle on and making myself another large mug of tea…

Jackie,
Stan loved his cup of tea, I am sure our kettle switched on by its self. To Stan it was the cure for all ills when he was under the weather, shortly before he passed away, all he wanted was his cup of tea and me, sitting opposite him x

Dearest Mary, I find it comforting to know that our men found contentment in the simple pleasures of life, we were everything to them as they are to us. My husband used to ask if I would like a cup of his lovely tea…even when he was unable to move in his nursing home or hospital bed. Each cup of tea now brings forward my memories of how we would sit side by side, together forever…keep on getting stronger lovely lady, peace be with you xx

Dear Rainbow,
By the time I had finished reading your message, I had and still have a lump in my throat as big as a golf ball. It is lovely to share such things with our friends .
Thank you very much for your reply, I had never thought of it like you expressed.
Peace be with you, too x

1 Like