Late night and so tired

Unable to go to sleep because I’m crying and just needed to get this out there and off my chest.

I’m tired, so very tired. I’m doing all the things you’re supposed to do. I activate myself every day, I try new things and new hobbies, I read lots about grief and I meet with people. I attend a bereavement group and I’m going to a counsellor. I even take meds. Everything still feels hollow amd empty. I know my dad wouldn’t want me to suffer, but it doesn’t help. I know it takes time, but living, or rather not-living, with this feeling while time passes is unbearable.

I don’t suppose there are any solutions, but maybe someone can relate. I’ve struggled with depression most of my life and this time I’m not sure I can beat it.

8 Likes

Hello Ulma, maybe go have chat with your GP again.
I feel for you as I am going thru the same but no as serious as yours.
Try find some extra help.
Sorry
Bless you x

Thank you for commenting and I’m sorry you’re struggling too. :heart:

@Ulma

I know :pensive:

It’s very difficult. I don’t feel very positive about much, at the moment.

They say that trying to adopt an attitude of gratitude helps. Taking note of the things that we are grateful for: our health, our physical ability, our ability to make connections with people, our pets, the springtime… I think that we can be grateful as well as being utterly bereft.

But I recognise how hard the daily toil is.

Sending hugs.

1 Like

Thank you Ulma. how are you this evening? I just feel like i need hug people.
I have been away most of today. still lots to do.
I used to be sertaline (think thats how it is spelt) did not good for me except give upset abdo and drowsy sometimes.

I am here for you , as everyone is here on the forum.
Bless you and hugs for you.
x

1 Like

Hello Ulma, I know how you feel, it’s not easy suffering loss I am so sorry for your loss, I have good and bad hours, I lost my only sibling who lived with me all his life, I lost him to Lung cancer in Feb 14th 2023. I am heartbroken, suffered from depression all my life, but even though I didn’t want to go to the Dr, I did, and he gave me newer type of antidepressants, hopefully they will kick in soon, already sometimes I feel calmer, but there are and will be times that I can’t accept Frank is gone. Please don’t be hard on yourself, reach out, this is a great place, with kind people. I wish you well

Hello Col11 I just seen you lost your sister I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my only sibling Frank on Feb 14th 2023, it has devastated me. I am living hour by hour, I still expect him to come in the door as he lived in the family home with me. I have been put on Seramil antidepressants, hopefully they might work for me. How are you doing, was your loss recently, if I may ask. Wishing you well

Thank you for understanding. :people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

Hello Norm, thanks for you kind reply and kind words. It always means a lot
Sorry to hear about loss aswel ,
I am struggling , a few minutes i am ok then when i sit down, i stare at floor and so many memories coming flooding back before and during the times sister was in hospital , 3 different hospitals , all did almost same tests, same questions, mri scans, xrays, antibiotics pumped into sister, different tablets, needles. her arms and hands covered in bruises. Eventually sisters vein “popped” with so many…horrible. Seeing sister crying with pain and sore arms.
Lost sister beginning March this year , age 59. Still a baby really.

I hate ambulances , everytime i see one i cry, so many things upset me easy ,
Thanks again Norm for your wishes,
Take care friend.

Col11, I can totally identify with what you are suffering, my brother has cancer 3 times survived twice then leg sarcoma spread to lung. So so hard to try and see ambulances etc. You can pm me if you wish, feel free.

Thank you, Norm, and my deepest sympathies for your loss. It’s hard when you’ve lived together and having had depression before doesn’t help either. It makes it more difficult to get out of the dark hole, I think. I really hope the new antidepressants work out for you and give you relief! All the best. :heart:

1 Like

Hi Norm, thanks reply . Sorry to hear about your brother,
Take care