Leap year

Funny how the end of a film can conjure up strong emotions and priceless memories of a loved one. I caught the end of Leap Year, which takes place in Ireland. It looks very much like County Clare. Both of us loved Ireland and spent many happy times there.

It got me thinking that one place my partner loved to visit was Spanish Point. He once found a Neolithic spearhead on the beach that is now at Ennis’s museum.

I think he would have loved for some of his ashes to be spread there.

So it looks like a trip to Ireland is on the cards next year.

We often talked about going back there but never managed it.

I will have to cope with going on my own, although he will be very much with me in spirit.

And now the tears are flowing … I miss you my love.

1 Like

Dear @SSTC22

Thank you for sharing a beautiful and moving positive post. Life often throws up reminders of our loved ones by films, music, nature etc. It is quite amazing and beautiful at the same time.

You will cope going to Ireland next year as your partner will be with you in your heart and this will get you through the journey albeit it will be emotional as it is now. You are stronger than you think.

You must keep us all updated. We are all behind you and support you. You are not alone.

Please take care of yourself and continue to reach out.

Pepsi

1 Like

And then there is music …

Watching Bee Gees One Night Only because I have always liked them (I shared my birthday with Maurice and Robin, rest their souls) and frankly they are way better then a lot of rubbish TV.

They just played Tragedy.

Here I lie, in a lost and lonely part of town
Held in time, in a world of tears I slowly drown
Goin’ home, I just can’t make it all alone

I really should be holding you, holding you
Loving you, loving you

Tragedy
When the feeling’s gone and you can’t go on
It’s tragedy
When the morning cries and you don’t know why
It’s hard to bear
With no-one to love you, you’re goin’ nowhere

Tragedy
When you lose control and you got no soul
It’s tragedy
When the morning cries and you don’t know why
It’s hard to bear
With no-one beside you, you’re goin’ nowhere

Night and day, there’s a burning down inside of me
Oh, oh
Burning love, with a yearning that won’t let me be
Down I go and I just can’t take it all alone

I really should be holding you, holding you
Loving you, loving you.

How these words resonate right now!

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for sharing this emotional experience, you really tugged at my heartstrings, also
because just yesterday I was ‘triggered’ by a particular film. While my kids and I were having lunch, the TV was showing the film 'The Perfect Storm" with George Clooney. Well, I just had to hold back the tears since this was a film my husband and I had gone to see at the cinema during our early yrs of marriage. I remember it was our first real night out together, as the children were just toddlers (2 and 4 yrs old) and we’d finally managed to leave them with my mother in law, deciding we needed an evening out just the two of us. I still want to cry now as I talk about this. Not to mention the songs and music I can’t bear to listen to anymore.
Take care.