Learning From The Group.

It was just leading up to Christmas 2018, the Christmas before my Richard died last April, when being my usual humoured self…( I have often used the talk of death as a humour mechanism ) only because i am terrified of it, the leading up to it…I had said to my Richard " if you go before me, give me a sign as to whether i was right or i was wrong…" meaning my belief in the afterlife, whereby my Richard had no beliefs whatsoever, as in his words…" when we are gone, we are gone…" Well i have talked to Richard and asked him if i was right or he was right as he has reached there before me, and as yet i have had no sign…So does this mean that my Richard was right all along, it is looking that way, yet…I still very much want to believe in an afterlife, that Richard is with people he knows, and he is being looked after by God, as i keep telling Him ( God ) that He has a good man there…and to please look after him, please take care of him as i cant do that now, he is with You…

2 Likes

It was just leading up to Christmas 2018, the Christmas before my Richard died last April, when being my usual humoured self…( I have often used the talk of death as a humour mechanism ) only because i am terrified of it, the leading up to it…I had said to my Richard " if you go before me, give me a sign as to whether i was right or i was wrong…" meaning my belief in the afterlife, whereby my Richard had no beliefs whatsoever, as in his words…" when we are gone, we are gone…" Well i have talked to Richard and asked him if i was right or he was right as he has reached there before me, and as yet i have had no sign…So does this mean that my Richard was right all along, it is looking that way, yet…I still very much want to believe in an afterlife, that Richard is with people he knows, and he is being looked after by God, as i keep telling Him ( God ) that He has a good man there…and to please look after him, please take care of him as i cant do that now, he is now with You…I so keep begging for Richard to hear me constantly telling him i love him, always have always will even if i had led him to think that i never, and telling him how sorry I am, apologising all the time saying I do love you, i do want you, i miss you so much, please come back i promise i will be a better person…but still I am not getting in signs that he knows this, that he can hear me so i tell him i shall forever keep telling him this, and only when i know that he knows, then maybe i wont be so tormented and maybe i will be at some form of peace, i tell Richard he is more at peace than i am…

1 Like

Hi Heather_Diane.
Does it matter whether you have faith or not? I do, but I respect the opinions of those who don’t. It’s so difficult to imagine anything other than what we see around us and what we feel. I just can’t believe that all our loved one’s just become nothing when they die. What is love? Can we define it. A feeling? but that hardly explains the joy of having them and the pain when they go. They have a personality unique to them.
A consciousness that is also unique. Does it all suddenly stop?
But in having respect for each other’s views we also give love. I believe the love I am talking about transcends death. Something happens; something different. A different place? A different dimension? It’s not all ‘comfort thinking’. There is ample evidence to prove something happens when we pass on. But never mind. We all do this pain thing in our own way and according to our own beliefs. It doesn’t make anyone’s opinion less valid.
Very best wishes.

3 Likes

No it does not Jonathan Best Wishes Sarah x

5 Likes

Sarrah…
… well after our nightmares, i would welcome any ( pleasant ) dreams i get from, and with my Richard…

Jackie…

2 Likes

I’m sure you will with positive happy thoughts and memories xx

1 Like

It all takes time, Jackie, I know I am stating the obvious and I hope and pray that you will feel better and more settled soon.
love,
Mary

1 Like

It sure does take time but it never ever fills that big part of your heart that’s missing x

1 Like