Learning From The Group.

I have learnt a lot from being on this site… I love to help and offer support. This site is supposed to be about supporting each other and today a comment just popped up from no where and made me very upset and anxious. I think everyone should be a bit more considerate to all. This is a group for Bereavement.

Hi Sarah. It will happen. People pour out their emotions and it can be upsetting. But that’s what this site is about. Empathy is all about caring. The dictionary says, ‘entering into another’s suffering as if it were your own’. Now this can be very difficult when we too are in pain. But so many on this site have proved it can be done. All our emotions are raw, and things we would have shrugged off normally often assume proportions way beyond their original meaning. It may be why we misunderstand peoples intentions. Things do and will happen to upset us. All we can do is try and not put too much importance on them. Blessings. John.

4 Likes

As usual, you speak perfect sense, John, thank you.

I understand that, but ones personal bitterness should not be aimed at someone who was helping and offering advice. That person was not empathetic at all.

1 Like

Safely Home - Unknown

I am home in heaven, dear ones;
Oh so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in heaven at last.

Did you wonder how I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh, but Jesus’ love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.

And he came himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus’ arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still;
Try to look beyond earth’s shadows,
Pray to trust our Father’s will.

There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remains,
You shall rest in Jesus’ land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

2 Likes

That’s lovely but I do not unfortunately have much faith at the moment due to loved ones being taken away.

I think the words we are looking for are " delicate and fragile " we are all very delicate and fragile due to our losses…

2 Likes

Indeed we are ‘delicate and fragile’. It sums it up well Jackie. I love the poem. One does not have to be ‘religious’ to appreciate the words. But the last verse rings a bell with me. There is indeed work to be done. If nothing else, then being here and helping each other through this awful time is work indeed, and very importation work.
Being as we are emotionally we can be easily upset. It’s no one’s fault really. Just how things are. We should try, above all else, to be kind to each other. Remarks made on the spur of the moment can hurt. But we have to a take into account from whence they come. Troubled souls as we all are. Blessings. John. XX

3 Likes

Lovely poem MaryL. I shall print if off.

1 Like

Not everyone is delicate x

I was kind to everyone that’s my point.

Hi. Sarrah. I meant emotionally. I’m not delicate in a physical sense, but sure am emotionally. Little things still upset me after over a year. Sights, sounds all contribute to the pain. It’s still there but has eased a lot.
Best wishes. John.

2 Likes

Best Wishes to you too x

It also seems that some people on this site do like being the centre of attention when sometimes they say they do not… :thinking:

1 Like

All i know is that whether we move on or stay in the past, we are all broken people, broken hearts, which will never mend…

4 Likes

Yes so true x

All i know is that whether we move on or stay in the past, we are all broken people, broken hearts, which will never mend…we will never be that same person…

Boy am i having problems with editing, as soon as i have posted and come back to add or edit, it says it has been too long and wont allow me to do so, it seems to be giving me lesser and lesser time for editing than before…

1 Like

It also predicts predictive text too quickly and yes I agree, I have to go back and edit it x

I have totally lost any belief about the “hereafter”. This has shaken me to my core and any “faith” has disappeared. All I know is that he is gone. I don’t know where. I just know he is not coming back to me. I don’t know if I will ever meet up with him again. I won’t know the answers until I die. As callous as it might sound - it’s 50/50 - there will be something waiting for me, or it will just end…

1 Like

I hope there is something but when I was younger I did believe, I do not really any longer as why have all the good ones gone x

1 Like