Letting go

Hi , so mum was diagnosed a year ago with womb cancer , 5 months later she became really poorly a month later had stoma put in and told it had spread to bowel , from leaving hospital she came to stay with me , 3 month ago , we had literally no help so I’ve been doing it on my own , changing her bags , bed baths , everything basically . Mums appently only got days left now . I’m heartbroken, and scared , she’s been such a little fighter and even now she’s still refusing to let go . I feel guilty because I want her too , it’s been such a long painful death , so to speak , and I just want her to be pain free .

3 Likes

So sorry to hear your news, i hope you find the strength you will surely need, big hugs to you.

2 Likes

Hello Nic - I am truly in awe of your devotion and the care that you are giving to your mum. I hope you know that you are very courageous and that your mum will surely know with confidence how deeply you love her . Do not feel guilty about wanting her to leave and be free of pain, although it is perfectly normal to feel this way. Your mum will leave when she is ready Nic, sending you love and strength and peace for you and your mum…x

2 Likes

Thank you so much xxx

Hi - I will be thinking of you both and sending love.Bless you your mum and your family.:sparkler:

1 Like

So sad to watch someone slipping away . You have nothing to feel guilty about you have loved and cared for you mum . Sending you all the best and a big hug xx

2 Likes

Hello Nick - just wandering how you both are Sending you love and strength at this difficult time xxxx

1 Like

Yesterday was a bad day , mum was heartbroken because she got a call to say I wanted to put her in the hospice and mum had agreed to it , she was absolutely heartbroken which then sent her into to her hyperventilating and coughing , it was awful , later one of the nurses rang told me there’s a mix up communication wise so I got her to explain to my mum nobody was coming to take her away from me . Today is another day ,
Thank you for this guys as you know yourselves it’s very lonely and sometimes feel isolated xx

1 Like

Hi there - sounds like a really stressful day , something you could both have done without. I hope that you have other family who are there to support you too . Sending you love and strength for another day. Bless you both xxx

2 Likes

Hoping that all is as well as can be expected for you both. HOPE that you are able to have a bit of time to yourself which can help. All my best wishes sent to you toay J xx

2 Likes