Letting go

My husband and I met in our 50s and had 25 happy years until he died in November 2022. He was a genealogist, a keen photographer and was very organised. He had 37 lever arch files containing about 4000 photos of his life before we met - mainly family outings, all beautifully labelled with names and dates. He also produced sets for his children. All nothing to do with me. I have removed every picture with him in it and taken the rest to the tip. Now I feel bereft, like I have thrown his life into a skip.

1 Like

Hello @Bluebell47 ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

Hello, you kept the photos you wanted, his children have there own copies, you didn’t throw his life into a skip, photos are just pieces of paper, clothes are just pieces of material, we can’t hold onto everything, there was no emotional attachment for you so you did the right thing, we question everything when we’re grieving.