Life after bereavement

My mum passed away on the 20th of April my mum meant the world to me I am constantly crying for her when does grieving get any better

1 Like

Hi Lesley im very sorry for your loss .Unfortunately it takes as long as it takes.Coming here has definitely helped me (im here most days ).Your not alone and people understand in this special club .Dont be a stranger on here and there such thing as moaning or being silly on here Colin (im 57 my darling wife passed 04032016 on her 41st birthday )

Hi Lesley

I’m very sorry to hear about your mum.

It’s still very early days for you so don’t feel that there is some unseen timescale.

Colin, sorry to hear about your wife too

Hi Lesley,

Sorry to hear that your mum has recently passed away. It is very early days for you. I am 58 and I also lived with mum. She passed away two-and-a-half years ago. I found that the first 18 months after mum passed away were very difficult. I get on with things as best I can but even now I still have a feeling of emptiness and still miss mum quite alot. I think it is true the saying “the price of love is grief” but you will find it gets easier as time goes on but it can take a long time as I have experienced.

Take care,
Stephen.