Life changes within minutes

So many of us in grief and I consider us young . Mart was 58 when he died in feb 2023 , his dad died at 47 . I was 57 when I lost mart . I know it’s awful to think this but I keep thinking I could be in this shitty world for another 30 damn years without him !!! Just why , why , why ??

7 Likes

@Martju I feel like you my husband was 53 when he suddenly died at Christmas and I am 56 so yes I am scared of the future and being lonely but mostly missing my man. Life indeed is unfair and shit. Xx

5 Likes

Yep it certainly is a challenge … we are young in comparison to a lot of widows really … most people are much older than us when theyre widowed :frowning: xx

2 Likes

I know debs it just isn’t fair that our lovely men were robbed of their lives and us of our future plans and dreams.
Hope you get on well with your councelling tomorrow my lovely xx

4 Likes

Thank you hazel … so do i …Hope it helps xx

2 Likes

Did your mum live in york ? My daughter lives in york … but shes been having a funny turn with me since my husbands funeral … not sure why ? X

Stress can do terrible things you know … It couldve been that and men are really bad at talking about stuff as we know xxx if my husbsnd had talked to me more about his symptoms, might not have been on here today :frowning: xx

Same here debs I feel I let my husband down as didn’t notice that he was so ill until it was too late. Wish he could of told me how he felt instead of not saying anything to me because I am a worrier :disappointed:

2 Likes

@Deb5 Yes my mum lived in York. Some of my brothers and sisters still do. I moved away years ago to just outside Newcastle. Always visiting though x

2 Likes

He should have come home with clexane or tinzaparin daily sub cut injections , they reduce the likely hood of a dvt which if not treated can lead to life threatening pulmonary embolism which needs treating asap , I know it’s tiring but I’d be chasing this up !! Why no daily injection ??? X hope they can give you some answers , even if heart attack was it a blood clot rather than fat occluding arteries ?? X

2 Likes

Yeh my husband had some symptoms for quite a while and i knew something was wrong ! But would he listen ? No … not until it was too late … they don’t share their fears dont men :frowning: thats half the problem - having said that if i had known it was so serious i would have marched him to the drs :(? Sure you wouldve too if you had realised ? Xx

I live not far from Newcastle

1 Like

Definitely because of the fall previously he put all his symptoms down to that. I remember him saying thank you for getting me down the doctor’s or I would of plodded on :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Martju it was a pulmonary embolism it happened so quick he was fine one min and gone the next

2 Likes

Yeh other ilnesses can mask it cant they ? Heard of that before ! Lifes a bum :frowning: x

1 Like

Yep life is so unfair and cruel… feel I let him down xx

A few things have happened today and so wished my husband was here … its made me so insecure him going :frowning: i was so much more confident with my hubby here … were you ? X

1 Like

Its just not fair is it hazel … when we thought so much of them :frowning:

1 Like

Met my husband when I moved here, it’s such a friendly place. Have always loved it x

1 Like

Yes definitely…I have become more anxious. I have been invited to a BBQ the Friday. Just a few people who are all close friends and I feel quite anxious about going. I used to be the social one who loved to go out and enjoy myself. Life is definitely shit xx why us I question every day xx

5 Likes