Life is so hard

I lost my beautiful Mum to cancer last March , I have lived with her my whole life with my two children and we miss her so much, I nursed her from the May before when she was diagnosed. I have been so poorly and she did so much for me and my children .
I am trying so hard to keep going for her but life is so empty without her.
I have also been diagnosed with a brain tumour which I am having a massive operation for next month and I am struggling so much worried about how I am going to recover from this without her here to help me , I won’t be allowed to drive for a minimum of 6 months afterwards either and on top of this my family home has to be sold to give my ex husband his share , I have no idea where me and my two children are going to go when it sells on top of this surgery and recovery .
I’m not sure what I expect from writing this but guess I just need to get it off my chest x

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss and what you’re having to go through on top of that.

Who is having the children while you have your op. Have you got someone to talk to about the house. Is there no way the sale can be put off until, everything with you has calmed down.

I think you need to talk to someone and see whete you stand on everything. It really seems very unfair to me. I hope you get some sort of help xx

My children are 21 and 10 , 21 year old will stay at home and work from home whilst I’m in to look after our little dog , 10 year old will go with my friend for a couple of days then go with my sister for the rest ( she wants to be there to take me into hospital and when I wake up ) .
As for the house judge said it’s got to be sorted , ex husband has told our 21 year old he will review it in April with forcing it but I will be just home from hospital all being well.
I am waiting to start some counselling from the brain tumour trust, but there is a 8-10 wk wait.
I just don’t know which way to turn with it all.
I’ve promised my Daughter she could still go to her school with her friends etc but this might be taken out of my hands if I can’t rent somewhere close by as I won’t be able to drive , got to keep everything crossed I don’t have a fit during or after surgery as they will take my licence away for longer if that is the case. I’ve just got so much going on x

2 Likes

I’m sorry things are so tough for you. Life is so bloody unfair at times.
Have you spoke to your solicitor about the situation you’re in. Maybe they could apply to the court for an extension on selling the house, until after you have recovered from your operation.

Try talking to someone at Citizens Advice, see if they can help. Surely it wouldn’t hurt your ex, to wait a while. Anyway you have a young child to be considered. They need a roof over there head.

I’m going to send you a message.

Take care. Stay strong. Keep talking on here

I lost my panther a week ago and I find it hard

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. It’s very early days for you. It will be hard, coming to terms of being on your own. Just be kind to yourself. Take each day as it comes. Grief is awful. It brings up all sorts of emotions.
Sending hugs :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thank you it was a sudden death we was together 11 years and I loved him to bits and I miss you every single second I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye to him

2 Likes

Say your goodbye now. Cook a meal you both liked. While you’re eating it. Tell him exactly how you’re feeling.

I’ve done it, still do. I talk to him everyday. I tell him all sorts of things. Just be kind to yourself.

Grief is an individual thing. Don’t compare your feelings or progress to others. We all handle grief differently. No wrong or right way. No timeline.

Sending hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

Wow! What wonderful advice! I love that idea. and to feel like you can still tell somebody who has passed how you feel in these circumstances sounds incredibly helpful :purple_heart:

2 Likes