Life seems pointless

Since June passed I have found it difficult to go out. Walking around shops and seeing couples together causes me pain. Although June was disabled she could push a shopping cart around. Lockdown etc. stopped that and she had not been inside a shop for nearly two years. June passed suddenly from an unrelated undiagnosed heart problem in front of me. One second she was there talking then she was gone eight weeks ago Wednesday. Seems like forever. We were married 43 years. No family and I’m still in shock. :broken_heart:
I think everyone thinks similar about these things. Kindest regards to all on this site.

1 Like

Dear Shiney999

I am approaching our 40th wedding anniversary and it is just heartbreaking. I only go out for food shopping and that is enough to bear. I understand the pain of sudden loss and know it adds further to our grief as there are no goodbyes and no last time to tell our loved ones how much we loved them. With all our hard work counting for nothing now as no retirement plans can be achieved, life really is pointless.

3 Likes

Hello Sheila 26

I’m the same and have to push myself to go out of the house. I cannot control my despair at times. I wake up and think not another day sitting in the room June passed in. It’s a vicious circle without end. No plans for the future as I cannot see one. Take care.

2 Likes