Life seems so empty now.

It’s a little over 18 months for me. Things don’t seem to be getting easier, just different. I see changes in how people interact with me (that gradual disappearing contact), and changes in my behaviour (feeling everything is pointless more and more).

I found that moving into the second year anniversaries was more difficult, not so much support around and my perception that this thing called grief was not letting up.

I try to stay active, keep on top of things, but I’ve noticed it becoming more and more difficult.

4 Likes

You’ve summed it up completely.
That’s just how I feel. I didn’t expect people to be there for me as much as they were at the beginning as they obviously have their own lives to live but it is very isolating isn’t it?
Wishing you all the best as you continue to navigate your way through this.
I’m sure we must all have better times ahead.
Fingers crossed anyway.
Take care of yourself.

3 Likes

I really feel for you. When you read these posts you realise just how many people are feeling exactly the same way.
Take care of yourself and remember there are people out there who care.
Sending you positive thoughts and hoping life gets easier for you in time.

3 Likes

Support dwindled after a few months. Even family. You have to learn how to cope by your self. Grief is always there. It’s been 7.5 years

1 Like

That’s true I’ve found a lot of people which we called friends but don’t bother now it’s only been six months since I lost my hubby

1 Like

Same here and it’s just over 10 weeks.

I feel so alone.

It’s so hard

1 Like

In the beginning I had to learn on the fly to be a single parent. I leaned on a few close friends of our for help. One friend I consider our guardian angel. The others went on with their busy own lives. It’s been a struggle

1 Like

It is a struggle, every dsy.
Its Friday again. 12 weeks to the day since I lost Roger. I just keep reliving it over and over, every Friday is a bad day now. I thought it would get easier with time, but its getting harder.
Will the pain ever ease?

1 Like

Thursday was the bad day for me, reliving the last time I was with him at 1050hrs, then 10 minutes later when he died on the street, then 1635hrs when I found out he was dead.
On 1st May, it was 3 months, since then I count the months and try to ignore Thursdays.

1 Like

Big hugs!

Rose x

So sorry for your loss xx