Life

There’s two sides to life, I have a older sister that left home at 16 and told me mum was possessive.

I didn’t really see that, I lived with mum right up till the end. But now Life just isn’t the same thing. I come here for support I guess and to find people in the same position as me. Sometimes I question if I done the right things in life ? I don’t know what’s easier ? having the support of kids in your life or being alone with your memories. Or facing up to life on your own in today’s cold world.

Hi @Keith68
It sounds to me like your trying to make sense of things. I honestly don’t have an answer, everyone is different, & their situation is different, but what I’m learning is, the more people you have in your life, the more support you have around you, so not everyone sticks around after a bereavement, but the more people there are around you, the more chance there is that someone will. As for memories, we will always have them, when we love someone unconditionally, we carry them in our hearts forever, in that way they never truly leave us. All I can say is take it one day at a time, & when you feel ready, ask yourself, “what do I really want out of life?” The thing when we feel we have nothing else in life, treat it like a blank canvas, paint a picture of how you want your future to look, is there an ambition you could pursue? Would it help to meet new people, or maybe a pet? I know nothing can bring back the people we love that are gone, but life is short. Look at it this way, we will be with our loved ones again when we pass, but in the meantime, they will be with us in spirit, but is there anything we can do to make our lives more comfortable?

1 Like