Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle 2022 and 2023

I will be lighten a candle again this year for my husband on Xmas Eve at 7.00 pm xxx

6 Likes

That’s a lovely thought
My candle will be lit on Xmas eve
Hugs everyone xx

5 Likes

I too will light my candle at 7pm in memory of my darling husband, who passed suddenly on 8th October xxx

5 Likes

Dear @Rainbow,
Thank you for starting this thread this year. I don’t come on to the site as much as I used to, but I wanted to make a point of doing so to see if there was a Christmas candle thread again this year. I bought my candle a couple of weeks ago, so unlike me to be prepared so far in advance, and I will definitely be joining in again, just as I have for the last 2 years.

Last Christmas I also contacted the priest at our local RC church (my wife was RC) and asked if I could light a candle in the church in memory of my wife. He was more than happy to accomodate me, and I was able to light a pilar candle in the church for my wife on Christmas Eve afternoon. The priest told me it would burn for a week. I will hopefully be able to do the same again this year.

7 Likes

Hi @Alston56

That’s so lovely. X

5 Likes

I think this is a lovely idea. 7 p.m. your time is 8 p.m. mine, so I will light another candle for Eve on December 24th. I have one burning for her permanently, but an extra will joint her and me to everyone else.
Pete

6 Likes

Dear @Alston56,

Nice to hear from you again. There are somethings that stay with us as we put the days in and being in touch like we can here, keeps our spirits on a low peep. You’ve got time to spare with your candle purchasing, good to follow your heart, x

4 Likes

That would be a fabulous idea - that way we will be supporting each other through this time of pain. Thank you for sharing I will be lighting a few candles at 7pm for a few people we have lost along the way xxx

6 Likes

My wonderful husband died very suddenly on 10th November this year. We are all gathering at my eldest daughter’s on Christmas Eve ( we always take it in turns to host the Christmas Eve family gatherings). I will take great pleasure in lighting a candle at 7pm along with you all. It’s a lovely idea. Big cuddles to you all xx.

8 Likes

My lovely Marti died January 2021, I light a candle every night in memory of him. Christmas Eve I will be thinking of you all on here too and will imagine us all in a great big hug.
Amy xx

11 Likes

7pm on Christmas Eve it is…:candle:…please join us xxx :rainbow:

9 Likes

I will light a candle at 7pm

5 Likes

Christmas Eve 7pm x

5 Likes

What a lovely idea I will light a candle for my Juliet who grew her angel wings 18/12/21 :heart::100:

8 Likes

I will light a candle for my girl xxxx

8 Likes

I would love to join and light a candle for my dad on Christmas Eve at 7 pm what a lovely way to come together to remember our loved ones :blue_heart:

8 Likes

This is such a fabulous ideal.

I be lightning one for my dad who died on the 24th of May this year, which will also mark 7 month since he passed, :blue_heart::sob:

8 Likes

I will be there too lighting a candle for my husband and my love John at 7pm Christmas Eve

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

I joined on here but haven’t posted before but I noticed this thread and I think it is a really good idea.
I recently lost my amazing boy Jordan on May 13th 2022 at the age of 22. Everything is just messed up and horrific. Lighting a candle for Jordan at the same time as everyone on here really makes me feel connected.
I will be lighting my candle at 7 in memory of my wonderful son whilst sending a thought and some love to every one on here and also your loved ones no longer with us.
Take care x

9 Likes

I’ll also be lighting my candle in memory of my beloved Alan.
My second Christmas without him and I miss him so much.
Take care x

7 Likes