Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle 2022 and 2023

I will light one candle for my brother 7pm on Christmas Eve :candle: and another one for my mother.:candle:

7 Likes

Lovely idea, count me in :heart:

6 Likes

I will be lighting for my husband David my first Christmas without my best friend. Happy to be doing this together with you. X

7 Likes

I will light a candle at 7pm for my beloved son who would have been 39 on Christmas Eve. He died on 29th August. My heart is completely broken.
I will also light a candle on the seafront at Scarborough where he rode the waves and learnt to surf. He was born at 13.50 on December 24th 1983. He was loved and is missed by so many. :heart::heart:

11 Likes

:rainbow_flag:I will also be lighting one for my partner of 33 years. This is the 2nd Christmas without him and I really think it’s a lovely gesture especially if placed near a photograph… I hope everyone who has lost someone in their life gains comfort from the thought that so many folk are doing the same…:rainbow_flag:

6 Likes

I love this idea, it means so much to know many of us will be alone yet together lighting our candles, It is a beautiful metaphor for how I am grieving my parents, I feel both alone from them, and yet still connected. 7pm it is. Thank you.

5 Likes

My candle is ready :heart:

4 Likes

I will be lighting a candle on Christmas Eve for my dear Wife Janet who I was happily married to for 56 years. I lost her 18 months ago but still miss and grieve for her every minute of every day . I love her more than ever and always will . I hope that when my time comes I will spend eternity with her . My heartfelt good wishes and love go out to all here who carry this sadness in their hearts .

8 Likes

I think this is a wonderful idea. I will be lighting two candles. One for my husband that i miss so very much and one for my son in law, who is loved and missed so very much too. X

5 Likes

A beautiful sentiment and yes 7 is a good time to remember :heart:

4 Likes

I will be joining in and lighting a candle at 7.00p.m in memory of my late husband Vic.

4 Likes

Hi Rainbow

I love this idea. I have a special candle holder that i always use. It would feel fantastic to do it all together. As i am always alone when i do it.
Love and hugs to everyone
Pauline x

3 Likes

What a great way to remember the ones we love I will light a candle for my mum dad

4 Likes

I will light a candle for my son and all my family that have passed :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Christmas Candle (Poem by John F Connor)

I always light a candle
At this festive time of year
It helps me to remember
Loved ones who are not here
The flame will burn so bright
To guide you and show you the way
To let you know we miss you
Every single day
For your flame lives forever
In Heaven up above
Wishing you a merry Christmas
And sending you all our love

8 Likes

I will light one for my husband that i lost in August suddenly and my mum

4 Likes

My wonderful husband Billy. Pass away in March this year. He was My One in Million My Soulmate & Best Friend. We has such wonderful memories. I miss him So Much Everyday. This Christmas and further Christmas will never be the same. Love & Miss You. For Every in My Heart. Your Annie :broken_heart::two_hearts:

5 Likes

This is such a lovely idea. I will light a candle in memory of my beloved husband Dave who died in October. I have been with him since I was 16 and am now 60 so feeling lost without him. Love and thoughts to everyone here x

5 Likes

This is such a lovely idea I had already thought about lighting my memorial candle Christmas Eve for my husband who left me in April this year, I will have family with me at the time so it will mean so much for them to be a part of it too, this is the first I’ve seen about this as I haven’t been online for a while.

4 Likes

I will join you from Switzerland at 8 pm our time but 7 pm UK time to light a candle for my beloved son Joey, who died 100 days ago today of metastatic testicular cancer💔 But also for my friend Sue’s son James, who was born on Christmas Eve, and also for my friend Susan’s son Oliver. Our three much loved adult sons died in 2022 of wicked, evil cancer after terrible suffering, leaving us three mothers to grieve for them for the rest of our lives.

9 Likes