Little support

After losing my mum and other traumatic aspects of the past two years I reached out for counselling. It was not available as it seems I didn’t qualify as not suicidal or self harming. I have been supporting a friend who lost her son (13 years old) to bone cancer and she has been told the same. She is really finding it hard and I worry about her. I’m really struggling as the last two years of losing my mum, my son (age 14) being treated for cancer (now in remission) and seeing children lose their brave battle. Can anyone help o r sign post me please?

1 Like

Hello Laxey,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and your son’s cancer battle. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Cruse Bereavement, they offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services.

Take care,

Michelle

Online Community team