Living without my son

I lost my beautiful son (aged 26) in early March this year. It was unexpected and I am still reeling from the shock of it all. I feel as though I am walking in treacle. I keep having flashbacks of the traumatic events around my son’s death. I am all over the place with my emotions and feel I need to talk to others in my situation. I can’t imagine feeling anything but overwhelmingly sad and distressed.

2 Likes

I lost my son 57 too, maybe March or Feb. He was teaching English in Vietnam. He was found on March 6 and think it was a stroke. I still find it hard to believe that I’ll never see him again. I am dreading when the shock wears off.

I lost my 37 year old in September 23 he was cruelly and tragically taken from this world , the shock of losing your healthy child is too much to bear and I honestly don’t know how I got through those first weeks . I don’t think I truly processed it all and just went through the motions of what had to be done , now 6 months later I am struggling in a different way , I miss his voice his presence and his quirkiness . I look for people who remind me of him and the silent tears stain my cheeks every day , I don’t noisy cry any more ( but I sure think I’m an ugly cryer )
Would love to say it gets easier but it doesn’t , however you do learn to live with it . I know it’s changed me forever and I’m a part of a club I never wanted to join . Sending gentle hugs

1 Like

Hi,
Losing a child is not something we as parents think about. I lost my son in September 2023. He was 43 and I feel lost at times. I don’t think I will ever get over it but I know I must carry on. You go day by day. It doesn’t get easier but it does get lighter.
My sincere condolences.

Larry

1 Like

Sorry for you loss Larry . It’s certainly not the way things should be x