Lock down greif

I went back to work today, I am a key worker so I will be in and out and on a rota… I am going stir crazy and need to be occupied and I also need to be out and about meeting friends. Having a bit of a grumble now… this is not what I need. How do you feel about it?

On a more positive note, I enjoyed the company of my colleagues today… I cried all the way home, cried when I made the bed this morning and cried when I got home but I did belly laugh at work… that has to be good

All the love

3 Likes

I lost my partner in June and the first lockdown he had just come out of hospital and even though we were on lockdown and he couldnt do anything he was here so think om going to find it very strange this time i do have our 12 yr old daughter home and at the moment she is keeping me going but i know if she was at school id be in floods of tears but we have to go a day at a time but its certainly not easy especially been the other end.of the country from my family x

1 Like

@cinders21 I also find work a welcome distraction, although I am part time furloughed at the moment, tomorrow is the first work day since Christmas so I’m looking forward to going in.
I appreciate we have restrictions on meeting people, but we are allowed to meet friends for a walk. It’s cold and muddy, but the chance to meet and chat to friends makes it worthwhile.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a fight a real fight to keep going x I’m in today, looks like we will be on Rota basis mostly home.working x x for me … my head needs to be busy x

1 Like

I think I got used to the lockdown
I live just across the road from my daughter but for the next 10 days I won’t go there she won’t come here because my grandchildren go to their dad/ their dad has a girlfriend etc and the circle increases!
It is not ideal - I am glad I can go for my long walks and I have my cats :cat2:
What I find I have to organise my days very well , I can give my virtual classes and hope that in 10 days time hospitals won’t be so overwhelmed
Sadie x

1 Like

Hi Cinders 21 Well done on takiing your 1st steps as in going back to work.I was exactly the same cried making the bed, cried as i walked into work (we both worked in the same factory) and cried on the way home.I am just 13 weeks on my journey,one of the hardest things is coming home to a empty flat, as we had no children together so its so quiet without him.
Miss him so much he was a part of my life for almost 25 years, just feel lost at the minute.
If you can have a laugh in work then go for it,it definately helps.
Sending best wishes & hugs
Dinky xx

2 Likes

@Dinkydi244 thank you, its just so hard …I feel.very run down and weary, aching fro. Head to foot . Thinking of you x

1 Like

It is very hard love.Be gentle with yourself, don’t rush things take your time.I have days when i could cry for Britain other days not so bad.
I have gone to bed some nights and sobbed my heart out, but never be embarrassed or apologise for your tears or feelings.If you ever need a chat reach out to me always here to listen.Take care love Dinky xxxx

3 Likes