Lockdown help for the grieving...

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the following but if not then I apologise and I’m sure admin will put it right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
It was sent to me in my daily email from the Telegraph and I thought it may be of interest to some of you:

http://m.email3.telegraph.co.uk/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%40wsP7%2BQ5onk3xPNejahgXKf4297ya9dFR%2BU1X%2Bf%2BGfn4%3D&WT.mc_id=e_DM1239713&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_365_New_FRIDAY&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_365_New_FRIDAY20200424&utm_campaign=DM1239713

Thank you, Kate x

1 Like

Interesting Kate, thanks for that :+1: x

1 Like

Has some useful information Kate but not up to date with the advice on Bereavement Payments. Good for pointing people in the right direction though in a number of areas.
Everyone needs individual advice, it was part of my role as a Financial Adviser in Housing. It seems hard to get that now even before the current situation. I managed a team of 5 who could offer help. It was an amazing service.
Just a thought, if anyone lives in Social Housing, worth checking out if they have benefit advice service or if they can refer into another organisation. We had a formal arrangement with Step Change, which helped with sorting out debts.

Gosh, I hadn’t realised it gave all that kind of advice Sandra. I haven’t explored the site myself. I posted it more for the loneliness during lockdown, which many have mentioned. From what you say, it sounds like it offers much more, albeit inaccurate perhaps. Might be worth pointing out to the organisation. Did you have to join to access that information? Thanks for taking the time to look Sandra :blush: xx

No, can be accessed without joining. There is a wide range of info that I’m sure our members will find useful as they deal with the loss of a loved one. I will alert them of the need to correct and perhaps also have something on thats specific to the impact of COVID.
Not sure what ‘upgrade’ access means.

I might take a look Sandra. I hadn’t heard of ‘Untangle’ before. I think the Telegraph were promoting the site more as a help to lockdown for the grieving. Thanks again :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If anyone actually joins, would be great if they could give us some feedback.

1 Like
3 Likes