Lockdown

Yes Pat we have become accustomed to the solitude of living alone. I get loads of video calls every day to the point of me wanting to say ‘Please stop, you are disrupting my day’ which is so ungrateful but since Colins passing I have gotten into a routine & because everyone else is in lockdown they are bored & think ‘Oh I will call Vanda’ I know they are doing a good thing & I would probably moan if no one called me :roll_eyes:
I walk Daisy along the shore but socially distance if I happen across other dog walkers. I am so glad your allotment has been allowed to stay open as I know it is your saviour & you would go stir crazy without it. Its a mad world at the moment but we all have to pull together to make the best of it.
V xx

Hi
It is a scary time it’s made harder by having to work at home. I wish my husband was here just to say we will get through this. Just a hug or touch of his hand, I miss him so.
Hope you are all keeping safe xxx

1 Like

Hi,
It is a scary time, the longer this goes on the harder it’s going to be. I try and keep busy, but it’s just so hard, I want my husband here, feel so alone without him, just need him to say don’t worry it’s all ok. My daughter is at home with me and she’s finding it hard thinking about her dad.
And 3 cats that are so lovely, pets do help when you’re feeling down. Used to have two dogs aswell, but lost them over the past two years.
Take care x

Hi Stephtim
Loved your post. Yes I was outside clapping. My daughter in law is a nurse & our son is a care worker , so I clapped & clapped so grateful to each & every one of the workers on the front line…
I am so so very sad that my darling husband has died & I miss him so desparately but I have to now pull together with the courageous people helping each & every one of us 24/7 we must carry on for the living yes we can still mourn of course but we must think so much more for the living not for the dead. I am so sorry to say this but I have 4 children & their partners & 9 grandchildren & another one on the way, so although. I miss my husband every second of every minute of everyday I must remind myself of how much I have been blessed with a wonderful family & although my heart has been broken I am the adult & I need to support each & everyone of them & put my feelings on the back burner. They are all so frightened in their own way & I want to help them. Like all of you we hide our true feelings to,protect our children but that’s the way I prefer it but now I feel I must step up & help them instead of them supporting me.
I don’t really know what I am trying to say but I think in a nutshell I should think of the living & those that need me instead of feeling sorry for myself … I know you will all understand.
Unhappy 127

2 Likes

Thank you for your post,
I totally agree with you , we should think of the living. My three beautiful daughters and three gorgeous grandchildren need me and I need them.
I think I’m still in shock about the sudden loss of my husband, no time to say goodbye, gone in an instance, so many plans, I’ve had to try and adjust without any warning at all . I don’t think I can ever get over the shock of it all and there are days I feel sorry for myself, but I hide it from my family because it’s not fair on them.
Just struggling more at the moment, as is everyone with this situation.
I understand what you are saying, just finding it hard x

1 Like