Loneliness

I lost my husband in July 2020. This is the first time in my 60 years of life that I have been in my own. With the COVID lockdown this is so much worse.

I have not seen another person face to face to talk to for 2 weeks now.

I go to bed at around 8pm because I don’t want to sit in the lounge where we used to sit together.

I put the tv on as soon as I get up so I can hear talking just for another human voice.

Iam lost scared and so lonely.

Hello Lynnlesly,

I’m sorry to hear how you are feeling at present. It is obviously a very difficult time for you, especially as you say, with the current situation.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through. I am confident that our members will reply to you very soon, and they will be able to offer companionship.

Please know we are also here for you, Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

Take care. Stay safe.
Audrey,
Online Community team

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I have had to speak to my regarding the depth of my grief . He advised me to have some bereavement counselling with cruse. If you google cruse. org.uk they have a helpline and you can asked to be referred for bereavement counselling. Where do you live ? I would be happy to give you a call as I understand how you feel.
Helen

Hi Lynnlesly

We are facing difficult times but with the lost of our loved ones it is even harder for us. It is good you have decided to participate in this community here there are people who can understand how we are feelings.
I am feeling alone too and tv or radio are one to hear people talking so the silence around is more bearable.
The Samaritans are friendly and the cruse website has a text chat. Recently i come across with bereavementcounselling@sfh.or.uk .
Take care

Hello. My wife hasn’t died but is in a care home with dementia and doesn’t recognise me as her husband so my married relationship has gone. Seeing her during the week twists the knife and I get home feeling lonely and abandoned.

I know what it’s like to miss someone that you want to die to stop the heartache. Memories are mine now and I can’t share them, they wouldn’t mean anything to her now.

I’m here on the forum and understand what you’re going through with the loneliness and loss. But we are all different in some respects but our grief is something we all have in common.

Bless you. Peter

1 Like

Thank you so much . To have such wonderful caring people who understand is a great comfort

Peter

1 Like

Hi Lynnlesley, I can understand where you are coming from. After Joyce passed away, I would come home from work, have tea, watch a bit of tv then go to bed. My bedtime started to get earlier and earlier and I remember eventually going to bed just a little before 8pm. It was at this point that I realised that I had to do something because I was becoming depressed. I wasn’t one for talking about how I felt, though with hindsight, I really wish I had because 7 years on, some parts of me have still not moved on. By posting on this site and expressing how you feel you have made your first positive step to grow through your loss. Have you spoken to anyone, family, friends about how you feel or accessed counselling? I’m sure you will find support and understanding here and through close friends or counselling.