Loneliness

I have to believe he is waiting - I can’t believe I will never be with him again.

2 Likes

Can fully relate. I just needed to hear it from someone else today. Our son has lost all faith. Our daughter finds it too painful to talk about it as she struggles with the fact that she hardly saw her dad before he died.

2 Likes

My son showed me the poem ‘the physicist’ which although was lengthy was intriguing that we’re all part of the universe and remain so even when we die which I found a little comforting, it helped him come to terms with an idea of what happens to you when you die and it’s good to be able to talk openly

1 Like

Who is the poem by?

Aaron Freeman it’s just a different take on what happens after death, I also found some scientific theories that say although it cannot be proven there must be something after death but I haven’t had the courage to read through all ten of them yet but it gives me some hope and it helps me make sense of it all because deep down I know there must be some reason for all of this, it can’t all be for nothing xx

3 Likes

Dear Dolly 60 I was married to my husband for nearly
50 yrs I still feel lost 2 yrs on I said to a friend that I wished I
I could have my old life back I’m just so sad without him she said I
I have make a new life but it’s really hard and I don’t want to . I don’t want to move on and do things without him . but because I’m on my own now family and friends think they can run my life for me , as if I can’t think for myself I’m going to have to get some more confidence from somewhere thanks for listening x

3 Likes

Hi Liz7, I know how you feel, friends talk to me sometimes like a 5 year old as if because you are acting lost you have lost the ability to think normal for yourself x

1 Like

You are absolutely right no partner no brain xxx

1 Like

Christina Rasmussen has looked into this a lot and written a book - Where did you go? I haven’t read much of it yet.

1 Like

I googled the physicist when my son showed it to me I think it helped him because he likes science and logic but I thought the bit about photons and energy bouncing around and touching my face did make me feel a connection with my husband, I googled again what happens when you die and that’s where I found the theories, I think this is my way of processing what’s happened by seeking more knowledge xx

1 Like

Hi,

Isn’t it odd? I was married for 1 year when my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumour. She lived for almost 4 more years before passing away at home this September. I felt robbed. I thought we should have had at least 30 more years together. But, reading your post, I can see that you have a different kind of pain - the pain of losing the constant in your life. I wish I had 50 years with my wife, but it’s not to be. I can’t imagine how it must feel for you. I’m so sorry for your loss. Bob

1 Like