Loneliness

Does any one else feel lonely at night, I seem to miss my husband more in the early evening and cry at small things I know he would have laughed at. I dont have any close friends that understand how I feel.

3 Likes

Yes of course. Its a time we would sit together in the garden when we could or together in the lounge. I’m missing my husband so much.

4 Likes

Hi there. Of course, it’s lonely. It’s horrible spending evenings on your own. If you have close friends, are they on their own? If not, they have no idea what you are going through! It’s rough on your own. Dark nights coming, lonely evenings. Just wish there was a way to make it all go away. Big hugs. xxx

3 Likes

Yes. Evenings are so lonely. I can only think it’s going to get worse as the dark nights roll in. I have few friends as I have been virtually housebound for the last few years. Thinking of everyone alone and suffering.

2 Likes

Can I ask where in West Country. There don’t seem many of us in this part of the country. I am South Somerset.

1 Like

Likewise for me, it was always ‘our time’ where we simply sat together - didn’t matter what we were doing, we were just happy in each others presence, that’s what makes it so hard. Evenings are particularly difficult because it’s also the beginning of the fear of going to bed without my wife and that’s when the loss really kicks in.

3 Likes